overall
Brewed by Desnoes and Geddes (Diageo PLC)
Style: Pale Lager
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 2189   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.17   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
First brewed in 1938.
It is a light alcohol drink with not too strong bitterness but rather soft taste; therefore, it’s easy to drink it up.
Brewed for the UK market by Charles Wells since 1976.
Brewed for US market at City Brewery’s Latrobe plant since 2012.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
crazydiamond (48) - Michigan, USA - FEB 4, 2002
Thanks to ’Blatz King’ for inspiring me to rate this beer today. This beer is not that great...here in Michigan. Put me on a Carnival Cruise and somehow, it transforms into the best beer in the friggin’ world!! I’ll always have fond memories of Red Stripe. Keith Richards jamming to ’Happy’ with a Red Stripe shirt on is one of them, the cruises are the others.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Blatz King (150) - Whitewater, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 4, 2002
Not too impressed. A little expensive for this quality of beer. The bottle is ghetto as all hell. I love it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
russ71cj5 (40) - Rhode Island, USA - FEB 3, 2002
what flavor... wheres the flavor. I don’t get it, this is supposed to be a really good beer, but was bland and too light for me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
jmusial99 (27) - USA - FEB 3, 2002
Red Stripe is an average beer, although it has a nice amber color and best when served extermely cold.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Fahrenheit81399 (21) - USA - FEB 2, 2002
kinda watery and does need to remain very cold....nice bottle though..just an average brew

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Ernest (6270) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 2, 2002
UPDATED: AUG 27, 2007 Bottle. Head is initially average sized, frothy, white, fully diminishing. Body is clear light to medium yellow. Aroma is lightly malty (grain, cereal), with notes of DMS, metal shavings, and soap. Flavor is lightly to moderately sweet, lightly bitter. Finish is lightly sweet, lightly to moderately bitter, unclean. Light to medium body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation, slightly metallic. I’ve had this in the Caribbean and it’s just as nasty.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
MOboy (505) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - FEB 1, 2002
Keep growing the good ganja and leave the beer to us.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
cathcacr (636) - Oregon, USA - JAN 18, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 4, 2005 Pretty average overall. I was intrigued by the neat bottle and the fact that it was ’foreign’ (is it, really?). Unfortunately, that didn’t go too far. Hard to down a full bottle. Well, I guess I know what a standard mass-produced Jamaican beer tastes like.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 14, 2002
UPDATED: MAR 22, 2004 Having given up my initial Übergeeky distaste for lighter lagers, and having also become something of a reggae fanatic, I revisited this recently. Not unpleasant but I&I kyan overstand why dem natty dread an Nyabinghi a burn the collie I-tinually fi praise Almighty Jah rather than drink this bumbaclaat fizzy refreshment of Babylon...

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 18/20
albert007 (415) - Penobsquis, New Brunswick, CANADA - JAN 13, 2002
UPDATED: SEP 8, 2005 My buddy brought this home from Jamaica. We drank a few of them at a pool party. I could imagine drinking a flat of these with Bob Marley, smoking spliffs and jamming on the guitars and singing songs of freedom around a campfire on a beach in Jamaica. Goes down pretty smoothly, no bad aftertaste. Like everyone else has said, DO NOT LET THIS BEER GET WARM!! Overall impression points are high due to the fact that I liked drinking out of a stubby....Kinda makes me feel like an old timer. I like it