overall
Brewed by Desnoes and Geddes (Diageo PLC)
Style: Pale Lager
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 2096   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.17   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
First brewed in 1938.
It is a light alcohol drink with not too strong bitterness but rather soft taste; therefore, itís easy to drink it up.
<a href=http://us.redstripebeer.com/story>Website

The US market version is brewed at City Breweryís Latrobe plant since 2012.

CaptainTitus' rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
CaptainTitus (18) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 13, 2010
Rating 18- Let me begin by saying I believe this beer is way overpriced in my area of the United States. It costs between 10 and 12 dollars for a 6 pack which i think is way too high for a beer that to me tastes exactly like Budweiser. The only aspect of this beer I actually like is the bottle itself and the simplicity of the label. Other than that its a mediocre lager at best. The commercials are funny though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Westkyoto77 (443) - Kyoto, JAPAN - APR 23, 2014
Bottle at The Public, Katsura. Dark gold with a short-lived fine head. Wheaty aroma, little musty. Bit lively, bit earthy (for a lager), just a 'bit' off. Not awful though.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
TizzleJizzle (536) - Garland, Texas, USA - APR 22, 2014
11.2 oz bottle. Poured a clear straw yellow with a thin white top. Taste of biscuit, slightly sweet malts and light grass. Medium-high carbonation, thin body.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dls13dls (23) - Royse City, Texas, USA - APR 22, 2014
Pours a golden color with almost no head. No lacing. Smells of skunk and hay and grass. Takes about the same. The only reason I drank this beer is because I thought it was from Jamaica but it turns out itís really not. Oh well Iíll finish it and grab another type.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
CharmCityCrab (143) - Maryland, USA - APR 22, 2014
Very light body. Smooth tasting. The bite at the end of the taste might be a hair more than is typical for the style, but only a hair- clearly only a very minimal hop presence. Thin. Avoids the trap of overly sweet malt presence, though there isnít much malt presence to speak of. This tastes a bit less artificial than typical American adjunct lagers without anything artificially sweet or metallic. Maybe the difference is because itís sort of Jamaican, man- straight out of that traditional small Jamaican town and Rastafarian enclave known as Latrobe, Pennsylvania. ;) Wait a minute, this stuff is brewed in Latrobe, Pennsylvania? I thought I recognized that water and glass-line tank taste! ;) It must be from the old Rolling Rock brewery. I kind of have a soft spot in my heart for the old Rolling Rock brewery, but it does beg the question, how Jamaican is this beer really, and why the heck is it in an 11.2 ounce bottle? The first part of that question was rhetorical. The second part Iím going to kind of answer- which is that they want to put it in 11.2 ounce bottles because they want you to believe that itís all they can get in their foreign metric system based country. I donít think thatís actually true that they canít get a 12 ounce bottle made in foreign metric system based countries to begin with, but itís even more laughable when itís brewed right here in the metric-hating US of A. Basically, theyíre just cheating us out of 0.8 ounces of beer to give us the false impression of an exotic foreign beer. Itís a double insult. I could live with the idea that this was Jamaican style even though itís not from Jamaica, but give me my extra 0.8 ounces of beer, at least. Geez. Anyway, taste wise, Iíll take this over a lot of adjunct lagers, but not at import prices. Iím just drinking it because someone who doesnít drink much beer and had some leftovers from a social gathering offered me by choice of a few free extra bottles of this or a few free extra cans of Miller High Life to take home, and that was an obvious choice. This tastes better. But if I were at a store choosing between the two beers, Iíd go the other way to save money. Itís not worth what I think they charge for it (To be honest, I havenít checked the price in years, Iím just assuming weíre talking import prices for this beer thatís "imported" from Pennsylvania. ;) ).

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
allmyvinyl (2208) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - APR 19, 2014
330ml bottle from Tesco. Pours light straw yellow, no head. Very light cereal and grain aroma, touch of cooked corn. Taste is almost non-existent. As is the finish. Inoffensive.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
damzz (238) - Massachusetts, USA - APR 13, 2014
Frankly, I was incredibly disappointed when I discovered this beer was brewed in the US. Been to Jamaica, hadnít tried the beer. Now sorry I didnít. Anyway - the bitterness lasts in to the aftertaste but it is not strong. Pours a clear yellow, white head that leaves lacing. Nose is non-existent except on your breath.The honesty on the can is "Jamaican Style Lager." I should have read it. This reminds me of when Miller brewed Lowenbrau. It was awful. Brewing a German Pilsner in the USA. Yeah, right. Back a while when I was in Puerto Rico, I had the entire tourist bus looking for Lowenbrau because PR still had the Munich brewed. Why anyone thinks they can improve the original beer escapes me. Enjoy and thank God for beer! Praise His Holy Name!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Bif (1306) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - APR 8, 2014
Bottle. Pours a straw color with a moderate head and spots of lacing. Aroma of malt sweetness and grain. Taste of mild malt sweetness and grain. Light bitterness and a fairly clean finish. Light body but pretty bland. Typical lager, that goes best with a tropical climate.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BrownALEx (247) - Portland, Michigan, USA - APR 6, 2014
Um, I donít know why I rate these kind of beers. They are not that good and everybody knows it. Oh well.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
BoltonDK (522) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - APR 6, 2014
Bottle at Holmen. Malty nose, sweet. Medium body, malty, metalic aftertaste. :) Bolton Brew.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
freretoc (441) - BesanÁon, FRANCE - APR 5, 2014
Bu en bouteille de 25cl, couleur blonde et mousse basique, une biŤre de soif bien faites, mais pas non plus incroyable malgrť sa lťgŤre et agrťable aciditet amertume