overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 400   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.15/5   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Redbridge is a hearty, full-bodied lager brewed using imported Hallertau and domestic Cascade hops. It is brewed with sorghum and has a well-balanced, moderately hopped taste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
DMLINAZ (332) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - DEC 10, 2012
I got it because I was intrigued by the gluten-free thing. Not a bad beer, not much flavor but it goes down pretty easily. Not something Iíd go back to unless I suddenly find out I canít have gluten. But inoffensive.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
jimmie65 (330) - Texas, USA - DEC 16, 2012
Pale gold pour with a medium white head. Aroma of citrus, malt and apple. Somewhat bland. A little sweetness, a touch of hops. Muddled fruit, with a metallic taste. Iím glad Iím not gluten intolerant. This beer is tolerable but not fun.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
mrant (330) - New York, USA - SEP 16, 2007
Smells very faintly of grain, kind of like budweiser. Pours a crystal clear very pale copper color with a fizzy quickly dissapating head. Taste reminds me of an acorn or wood or something. This is my first sorghum beer, and its a very distinctive flavor. Not unpleasant, just very different from what Im used to.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
SODAK14 (327) - Rapid City, South Dakota, USA - MAY 10, 2012
Didnít think I would like this one...something about "gluten-free sorghum" did not sound real appealing. However it was different in a good way just couldnít put my finger on it. Nice change of pace beer (not a fruity beer) that will do for a meal or just enjoying.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
lampeno420 (320) - Zeeland, Michigan, USA - SEP 21, 2007
hah. a surprise beer in our tasting. we all knew right away it didnít belong. still though, not bad. especially for an Anheuser. Actually a really nice beer from them (for once). Just a light everything across the board. It all could have had more and still have been very drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
xav33 (313) - Midland, MI, Michigan, USA - MAY 30, 2007
Redbridge 12 oz bottle Moderate pour in a mug Recent brewing, crossed 05/07. Poured a clear reddish amber with an average fizzy mostly diminishing slightly off-white head. Smelt of real beer! Some definite grassy hops with some odd grain smell. Toasted grain, but different, more green like... Taste was upfront moderate bitter toasted grain and hops with light sweet caramel followed by a moderate bitter soya vegetable and sweet grain and biter grassy hops on a short finish. Palate was light bodied, fizzy, watery and moderately astringent. Overall, this is great! Iím not sure what kind of flavors can be obtained from sorghum, but the fact that it exists open a whole new world. Nothing bold, rich or complex. Just new. Itís like drinking a beer for the first time. Just different...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
redgold07 (308) - Irving, Texas, USA - SEP 18, 2007
Nice coppery appearance. Real easy beer to drink. Aroma is a little vinegar-y and the short white head didnít stick around for long. Tastes a little bitter. I suppose the one person I know who is allergic to gluten can now drink beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Homebrewerguy (305) - Oil City, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 23, 2007
I hear this is the best of the gluten free beers. How sad. Not much happening here. A harsh tangy flavor with slight molassas taste. No complexity. I feel sorry for anyone forced to drink this for health reasons.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
beer_rookie (305) - USA - MAR 23, 2015
Aroma is of the Stridex pads I used for acne as a teenager. No, seriously!! It took a minute to figure it out, but thatís what it is!!!...Appearance. Well, it pours anice amber color with an ok white head. Itís a bad sign when the appearance is the best quality of the beer...Taste, well itís quite sweet, and I would expect that since itís made from sorghum. But the Stridex aroma is overwhelming as I drink....Palate, itís smooth, and clean, finishes crisp...Overall, what was I thinking when I bought this. I think I was drawn in by the novelty, made with sorghum "Oh thatís different!!!" Donít do it!! Unless you need a gluten free beer, then go for it!!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
cblado (298) - Washington, USA - OCT 26, 2009
12 oz bottle. Pours an amber brown color. Slight off=white head. Aroma is some malt, with a cheesiness as well. Flavor is crisp and malty, with a peculiar barny/grassy aftertaste. Odd beer, but good for the gluten intolerant, I suppose.