overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 375   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.18   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Redbridge is a hearty, full-bodied lager brewed using imported Hallertau and domestic Cascade hops. It is brewed with sorghum and has a well-balanced, moderately hopped taste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ritterkreuz (179) - Seneca Falls, New York, USA - FEB 18, 2007
Just a touch on the syrupy side, with the hops becoming more evident as it warms.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
STL_Drew (153) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - SEP 9, 2012
One finger head, white, mostly diminishing, clear light brown, grassy aroma, watery, weird aftertaste can't put my finger on.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
joechristenson (146) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - MAY 18, 2010
I really appreciate what they’re trying to do with this beer; unfortunately, the constraints put on execution show. Pours somewhere between macro beige-gold and macro amber (dull colors, rather bubbly). Some head that disappears rather quickly. Aroma is faint -- a little bit of something trying to come across as tart red fruit and something I imagine is the sorghum (sort of corn smelling, not sure I have the vocabulary to describe it). There’s a slight nutty, almost faux-buttery taste to it; the hint of tart red fruit comes through, too. Too much carbonation and I can’t really catch the hops. Again, not horrible if you can’t drink "regular" beer, and nothing I’d outright refuse, but there’s lot of room for improvement.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
CasperQuaffer (142) - Casper, Wyoming, USA - JUL 18, 2008
Has a weak but slightly hoppy aroma. This beer looks good, probably influenced by the naturally rich color of sorghum. The flavor is better than some malt or wheat beers. It is, as expected a little sweet, but has decent hops. A bit too sticky on the finish and cloying in the mouth. This may be the only option gluten intolerant people have in some areas. Not bad for that purpose.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
chrissy (122) - Connecticut, USA - APR 27, 2008
Better than I expected. Doesn’t have much of an aroma. Has a smooth easy taste. Actually taste like beer (I was nervous it wouldn’t). I would definately buy this again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
lowgun1212 (109) - Carlstadt, New Jersey, USA - JAN 7, 2009
I rather like the smell - berries and honey. Looks about right. Tastes rice-y and brittle. kinda sharp in a good way though. too much fizz?

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
SwillNoMore (105) - USA - APR 29, 2007
Bottle, from Duvel tulip, at cellar temp. Clear red-gold color, disappearing white head, no lacing. Smells like rye bread and crushed green apples. Light and thin with fizzy carbonation. Flavor is atrocious and nearly unbearable; like how I imagine hay would taste. I literally had to force myself to pour it down my throat instead of down the drain. Finish quickly goes from sweet to mouth-puckering tart. To my knowledge this was my first gluten-free beer, so I can’t compare it to others, but if this is typical of sorghum beers I must say that I truly sympathize with people who suffer from celiac disease.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
subcell (95) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - JUN 29, 2008
This beer does not deserve to be called a beer. It was like amber sour water to me. This is just not pleasant to the palate at all.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
dra19 (89) - holland, Michigan, USA - SEP 21, 2007
Pours a clear amber with good amount of white head. Aroma of hops and citrus. Taste is a bit watered down. OK beer at the best.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
spjensen (89) - Davis, California, USA - DEC 29, 2013
First gluten free beer I have had. Taste pretty much like a low body beer. Nothing special at all