Redhook Hoptoberfest

(RETIRED)
overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 27   MEAN: 3.27/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.24   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
Full-bodied Oktoberfest Ale with robust malt and hop signature. Rich, toasty flavor, finishes mellow with a note of hoppiness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
oldrtybastrd (3223) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - DEC 28, 2005
Medium amber with a small head. Malty aroma wtih hints of toffee. Malt and caramel flavor finished kinda weak.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Aurelius (4065) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - AUG 21, 2005
Starchy. Dry. Good appearance, and refreshing ice cold. Edgy hop presence. Nice bronze coloring. It’s 106° here in Phoenix, and this hit the spot. That said, it’s not a spectacular beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
dberger624 (1028) - Phila, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 20, 2004
Draft at the Grey Lodge in Philly. Yhay another boring OFest. No spice, hops, or malt. Tasted what ir should be.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
JFGrind (1838) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 10, 2004
Slightly hoppier than other American Oktoberfest beers. Malty and some spiciness. I enjoyed this fall beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - NOV 13, 2004
Nice, rich, malty brew. From the name, I was expecting more hops. But the toasty malts dominated. Beautiful auburn color, with a light head. It is nice to see a fall "ale," I approve.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - OCT 27, 2004
On tap at McG’s in the ’hem. A decent tho uncharacteristic Marzen. I did enjoy it thoroughly. Definitely worth a second try.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
biznizness (1071) - Mooresville, North Carolina, USA - OCT 27, 2004
Honestly, I can’t seem to put my finger on this style no matter how hard I try. I mean, I can’t tell you what makes a good one and what makes a crappy one. I did like this beer, though, for reasons I cannot quite put into words. The Oktoberfest is officially MY ARCH NEMISIS OF BEER. EACH YEAR, WHEN THE FIRST CHILL OF AUTUMN CAN BE FELT IN THE WARM SUMMER AIR, I WILL SHUDDER AND CRINGE AND VOW THAT THIS YEAR WILL BE THE VERY LAST THAT I WILL BOW DOWN TO THIS MENACE OF A BEER STYLE! October 05... I WILL BE VICTORIOUS!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
DYCSoccer17 (3302) - Woodland, California, USA - OCT 9, 2004
I am guessing this is the same "Oktoberfest" I had. Very roasty aroma . Quite sweet with brown sugar and caramel malts in the nose. Smells good. Transparent orange copper honey color with an off-white head. Malty, buttery, and somehwhat roasty start. Middle is way too thin. Finish is too hopped for the style. Cascade, piney hops to finish. Way off.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - OCT 8, 2004
Copper Coloring. With Good Off-White Head. It Has a Good Balanced Aroma...but the Taste is More Hops. Sweet. Watery Overall.. If it Had More Malt Presence, it May be a Decent Brew.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
badgerben (4387) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - SEP 30, 2004
Amber color with a medium head. Odd aroma of malt and hops, not your usual blend. Fairly dry taste from the hops. They are not as present as the hops in a Pale, but they are enough to say "Hi, how ya doin?" I really don’t want this kind of presence in my Oktoberfest.