overall

RATINGS: 777   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
A lighter, drier ale with a warm, brassy color and herbal aroma.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Drew Blood (151) - Mt.Prospect, Illinois, USA - JUN 16, 2001
Waaaay weak, whahapend here. Absoulute lame. Saaad surprise. Whereís the hops, dude?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
VENOM (941) - Connecticut, USA - JUN 11, 2001
Weird for an IPA. Sourish bitter style flavor with a decent dose of hops. From tap so maybe the bottle version is better but this just made me not want another.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Saad (104) - Jacksonville, North Carolina, USA - JUN 7, 2001
A fantastic IPA! It instantly became my favorite!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Stove Top (43) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - APR 29, 2001
Average compared to many others. For an IPA I want to be overwhelmed with hops and this beverage is lacking in the hop aroma and flavor category. As mentioned before, in the PNW area this beer can be purchased for 4.99 a sixer and that is two to four bucks cheaper than most.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
scrawfis (143) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - APR 29, 2001
Very nice aroma. The beer had a nice bitterness indicative of the IPA style, but perhaps too much aroma hopping and too little bitterness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
StoutOrDeath (121) - USA - MAR 17, 2001
It really made no huge impression on me. Not bad, but not great. I do like the label, though. I guess thatís what made me buy it. Iíll drink it again, but wonít pursue it like Guinness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
blatz (138) - Palm Beach Gardens, FL, Florida, USA - FEB 16, 2001
Was happy to find this in F(indnogoodbeerorabletovote)lorida. Appearance was nice - the head poured to a creamy white froth, although I was disappointed to see it fade so quickly. The beer itself was lighter in color than some other IPAs but nonetheless was golden with a red tinge. Taste was good - nice hop bite - though watery at times - unlike McNeil I did not detect diacetyl in this one. Palate - one thing I donít like about IPAís is the bitter hop remnants that stays with you. Overall - IPAs are not my favorite (although I am enjoying them more) but this one seems pretty good, as to be expected from RH. Cheers!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
HoppyKev (50) - Redford, Michigan, USA - FEB 12, 2001
This IPA will not be on my must drink list, but itís ok. There really isnít enough hops to balance the malt that I taste let alone overpower them like a good IPA does.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Indra (2641) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - JAN 23, 2001
UPDATED: JUN 26, 2004 Sorta indicative of many Redhook beers: Not bad, just not great compared to others of the style that I tend to rave about consistently. Bitter and refreshing, but not much else.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Oakes (12777) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JAN 5, 2001
UPDATED: MAY 30, 2006 Golden-bronze colour. Aroma is light mixed toasted malts and woody, slightly grapefruity hop. Lightish body for style with a moderate bitterness, woody notes and a bit of toastiness. Clean, dull, dry finish. (original rating Ar 7, Ap 3, F 6, P 2 O 13 = 3.1)