overall

RATINGS: 190   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17   EST. CALORIES: 240   ABV: 8%
This is our first mead released in July 2001. To-date we receive more requests and attention for Black Raspberry Nectar then for any other one of our meads! With the mouth feel and texture of beer and the light taste of a lower alcohol mead this beverage is the very definition of "refreshing".

luvpnkflyd (10) - Kokomo, Indiana, USA - FEB 11, 2009
Very good! You can really taste the honey. I like this, but I think the Sunshine Nectar is better

Tapped (6) - - MAY 30, 2014 does not count
Light nose typical for a mead. Appearance clear light red color. Sweet flavor of honey with raspberry on finish. Light mouthfeel. No funky aftertaste. Doesn’t have an alcohol flavor like the raspberry mead I brewed. I would drink this again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
RooftopRogue (423) - Champaign, Illinois, USA - MAR 7, 2006
A good hearty aroma of honey with a mild hint of black raspberry introduce this purple solution. This mead doesn’t produce a head but it does have good lacing. This rich mead is crisp and sweet with a strong taste of honey that grabs the tongue. The finish finds the flavor of black raspberry creeping in as this taste prepares itself to linger a while in the throat.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
bigbeersrule (113) - USA - FEB 7, 2014
First mead in a can. Nice packaging and great to take along for the girlfriend on camping trips or to the lake. A sweet mead that has good fruit flavor and aroma, lacking some honey aroma and flavor that homebrewed meads seem to have more of but a great commercial example of a fruit mead.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
blackmurder (226) - sadf, Hawaii, USA - JAN 15, 2007
On tap at Eugene City Brewery. What a mead! This was simply amazing. I loved the flavor, the way it unfolded so elegantly on my tongue. Very strong honey taste with the raspberry taste definatley present among a gorgeous palate. It sips nicely. The palate is splendid. This mead filled my mouth with joyous textures and a delightful beer-like body. Amazing. The aroma was nothing too great, still, it kept me drinking. The appearance is shocking. It looks beautiful. Try this one out, you might like it. I am definatley a fan.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
CoachJT (35) - Columbia, South Carolina, USA - OCT 25, 2008
While I’m not a fan of fruity beers, I realize that mead falls into a different category. Bottle was a gift. Very sweet, fruity aroma, mostly honey and raspberry (no surprises there.) Ruby red in color, no head. No a sparkler, but a bare hint of effervescence. Sweet, well balanced honey raspberry taste. Alcohol is evident, but not overpowering. Not a huge mead fan, but this was a nice variant that I enjoyed.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ajm (1066) - Los Angeles, California, USA - OCT 27, 2008
I remember when I first had this on tap at Pap. It was the same night I tasted Stone 10th (FUH-RESH) for the first time. That night ruled. This is a very light mouthfeel on tap - darker strawberries and very liquid raspberries in the aroma and flavor. Honey tastes purple. Not the world’s most complex beverage.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Gusler (2653) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 16, 2003
Draught @ Papago

The color a transparent Black Raspberry color, sweet honey and the perky tartness of the Black Raspberries makes for a fine nose, sweet and tart star, fair to middling feel on the palate. Finish is moderate in its acidity, tart and dry aftertaste, some many good types of mead, so little time, but I’ve found another style to keep my interest.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
thehurt01 (261) - Denver, Colorado, USA - MAY 17, 2008
I recived a bottle of this and it is wicked good. The mead pours a reddish body with a pink fizzy head. the smell of rasberries. The taste is just like the smell and sweet. Hi carbonation but just plain good. Keep in mind the style when you try it!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
gnoff (7858) - Mölndal, SWEDEN - OCT 9, 2012
UPDATED: NOV 6, 2012 First rating
Draught at Redstone in Boulder, on October 8, 2012
Clear pink to red color, small white head. Honey and raspberry scent. Sweet, berry, raspberry taste. Medium to spritzy mouthfeel, tart finish.
8/4/7/3/15=3.7

Rerate
Bottle brought home from the meadery, at mead tasting on November 2, 2012.
Clear blueish red color, small head. Sweet, berry tart, honey scent. Sweet, berry, soda taste. Spritzy mouthfeel, low bitterness.
8/4/8/3/16=3.9