overall
Brewed by Cerveceria La Constancia (SABMiller)
Style: Pale Lager
San Salvador, El Salvador

RATINGS: 139   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.95   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
(Translated from Spanish)
Regia Extra is produced in El Salvador since 1959. It is an exquisite beer of intense flavor, brewed carefully with a long process of maturation for the delight of our consumers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - NOV 1, 2002
Massively watery. Of the three El Salvador beers I’ve tasted today, this is the lightest, so if you favor flavor, I’d go with the Suprema or Pilsener (all three of these beers are from the same brewery (and it shows)). This beer comes in a huge 48oz bottle so it looks like sort of a wino beer (think Crazy Horse). Heavily carbed.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
jazz88 (2528) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 24, 2002
Bottle. A light yellow with a good head. Musty and fruity aroma and a slightly sweet flavor. Smooth and easy to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
legion242 (2100) - Richardson, Texas, USA - JUL 30, 2002
Pale yellow; Soapy head; Aroma had some skunky depth to it. Good mouthfeel that sadly turned very thin. Decent hop character. Very little malt presence. Crisp.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
morebier4me (140) - New York, USA - JUL 23, 2002
Good drinking, have to love the extra large bottle.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Aurelius (3914) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAY 23, 2002
For months, the quart-size Regia bottles sat in a remote corner of the grocery store cooler. They whispered to me -- ’Hey, xenophobe, we’re exotic, we’re untried, we’re $2.19/qt.’ I thought better of purchasing beer from a country whose president regularly dresses like Michael Jackson (not the beer one.) Don’t drink the water... isn’t the beer *MADE* with the water?!?! I finally succumbed. No fear though, this was the single most unremarkable beer I’ve ever had. Clean and totally neutered. I agree with Yamamoto -- great homebrew quart bottles.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
maxhits (172) - Pico Rivera, California, USA - MAR 20, 2002
Regia Extra is a sweet, malty lager that pours with a bright gold color and produces a nice head of white foam in the glass. It is fairly low in carbonation. The nose is really malty and sweet, and the taste is light, clean, and with very little bitterness. The alcohol content is approximately 4.5% by volume.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 8, 2002
Not horrible; in fact there’s an odd endearing earthiness from somewhere... The quart bottles are practically made for homebrewers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MrRain00 (37) - Columbus, Indiana, USA - DEC 25, 2001
I agree with dins, not bad, not good, just a lager. I good foreign beer for AB and Miller fans.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
dins (266) - Texas, USA - DEC 3, 2001
Not bad, not good, just a lager.