overall
Brewed by Cerveceria La Constancia (SABMiller)
Style: Pale Lager
San Salvador, El Salvador

RATINGS: 147   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.94   EST. CALORIES: 129   ABV: 4.3%
(Translated from Spanish)
Regia Extra is produced in El Salvador since 1959. It is an exquisite beer of intense flavor, brewed carefully with a long process of maturation for the delight of our consumers.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
thedm (4971) - Fort Wayne, USA - NOV 18, 2006
This bottled brew from a bottle shop poured a small sized head of foam with a frothy top fine to large sized white colored bubbles that were mostly diminishing and left behind a slightly hazy typically carbonated light yellow-orange colored body and a fair lacing. The mild aroma was malty dough and grassy. The crisp semi-thick smooth mouth feel was weakly tingly at the start and at the finish hoppy aftertaste. The flavor contained notes of malt and hops. An OK brew just nothing special.

0.8
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
mar (4959) - Dallas, Texas, USA - NOV 22, 2009
bottle thanks to fratto. pours like water with a hint of yellow. dry malts and light fruits on the nose. water on the palate and water for the flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
presario (4709) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - MAR 6, 2005
Compared to the Arriba this was almost OK. Light alcohol flavour. No hops. Clean and plain.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
dwyerpg (4653) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 29, 2007
Doesn’t smell very good. Taste is just thin water lager. Nothing more than a lawnmover beer, but it helps quench the spicy salsa I’m eating.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
CapFlu (4616) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 28, 2003
UPDATED: APR 19, 2004 (32oz bottle) Big bottle for a big occasion - I am now a common-law uncle! Wow, the sense of commitment now strikes me. Pours a huge, frothy, white head and a clear gold body. Nose of grassy pastures, stagnant insoles. Easy drink'n. Slightly hoppy flavour. Watery to the finish. Enough to keep to straight on the road. Responsibility!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
reebtogi (4388) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - JAN 31, 2012
910ml bottle pours a clear pale golden color with a 2 finger foamy white head that settles down to a hint of lacing on the glass. Aroma is light malts and hops. Taste is moderate malty sweetness with a clean hoppy bitter finish. One of the better beers that this style has to offer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Aurelius (4376) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAY 23, 2002
For months, the quart-size Regia bottles sat in a remote corner of the grocery store cooler. They whispered to me -- ’Hey, xenophobe, we’re exotic, we’re untried, we’re $2.19/qt.’ I thought better of purchasing beer from a country whose president regularly dresses like Michael Jackson (not the beer one.) Don’t drink the water... isn’t the beer *MADE* with the water?!?! I finally succumbed. No fear though, this was the single most unremarkable beer I’ve ever had. Clean and totally neutered. I agree with Yamamoto -- great homebrew quart bottles.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
goldtwins (4320) - Nesconset, New York, USA - SEP 18, 2006
Poured a very pale yellow color with an effervesent body and small white head. Sweet fruity malt and corn make up the aroma. Flavor sadly matches the aroma with malt and corn. Thin watery body.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
hotstuff (4275) - Indiana, USA - NOV 11, 2006
Bottle. White small head that mostly diminished, poor lacing, fast-rising carbonation, transparent, and a pale yellow hue. Nose was some malt, corn and notes of paint. Flavor was some malt, corn and somewhat heavy tasting. Somewhat reminded me of a malt liquor. Very tingly mouthfeel. Medium body. Not one that I’ll want to have in the future.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
unclemattie (4263) - Georgia, USA - MAY 15, 2009
32oz (1Qt.) bottle. clear pale yellow. Tall foamy white head. This is what I remember Bud looking like when I was a kid. Fruity aroma with a very nice skunk. Lots of skunk, which I have learned to love in a lager. Very nice malt with some grass. Flavor is very light malt. Not much corn, impressive. A nice sweet grain, some straw. Very well balanced. Nice hop flavors in the finish. Light bodied. This is one of the better Pale Lagers I have had. Very refreshing. I thing I have found my new lawn mowing beer.