overall
Brewed by Privat-Brauerei Heinrich Reissdorf
Style: Kölsch
Cologne, Germany

RATINGS: 962   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.13   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
Reissdorf Kölsch is the beer speciality from Cologne with a tradition starting 1894. A Kölsch with a pleasant, full-bodied, and uniquely light and sweet taste in premium quality, that is brewed for the adepts who prefer something special.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Christian (11021) - Odense, DENMARK - DEC 15, 2003
UPDATED: AUG 25, 2011 At the Brauerei Ausschank, July 2011. Bright yellow with a lasting and very white head. Aroma of fruit, malt, herbal hops and DMS. Sweet and full bodied, fruity and spicy hoppy flavur, with a good bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DanielBrown (3697) - Birmingham (via Leicester), West Midlands, ENGLAND - DEC 7, 2003
Bottle. A very good kolsch, the dryest I have come across, and very quaffable. I should put my cards on the table and admit I am a big kolsch fan, and this is one of the best. It seems slightly fizzier than some, which lends a peppery quality to the flavour, and allows the bitterness to cascade over the back of your throat. I wish I had been able to try it druaght in Cologne...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
wunderbier (1434) - Tampere, FINLAND - NOV 24, 2003
50 cL bottle, pint glass, 48 degrees F. Large, white, foamy head is quickly diminishing. Very light straw colored body is crystal clear. Grainy, light bread malt (L); flowery, grassy hops (L); light apple aroma. Lightly sweet throughout with a lightly bitter, lightly grainy finish. Medium-light body, watery texture, fizzy carbonation. The bottom line is: yawn...

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ukoolaid (576) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - NOV 23, 2003
Bottle. Very light beer with a white head. Not a great appearance, but the aroma was quite nice. Sort of a malty cherry. The taste is nothing special, but it's not bad either. A bit of hop and kinda sweet. I enjoyed it but I wouldn't go out of my way to get it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
DrnkMcDermott (2776) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - NOV 11, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 24, 2010 New rating: 2/24/2010: My first rating was #133, back in 2003. Now that I know a little more about Kölsch, time for a re-rate: Sweet malt smell in pour, not much hops to it, just lighter than pilsener. Pale gold color, just a few bubbles twinkle along the glass. Light taste. Kind of saccharine, but that’s what I’ve been finding in my Goose Summertime too. Maybe this summer style just doesn’t age too well. Not much in the way of hops, though there is a slightly fruity ester. This may have gone down better on my back porch in the summer, instead of in my basement after another snowfall. But I just seem to like this less the second time around. Original rating, 11/11/03: 6-3-7-3-13:
Bottled.
Malty, with a kind of raw grainy texture to it. A pleasing extra kick of hops.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Jokes (1453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 10, 2003
Pale yellow body with a thin, but persistent, fluffly, white head. The aroma is light and sweet with grassy malt. An average body for the style, but it's still quite thin. The flavor profile starts sweet and slightly toasted, but finishes with a bitter (and slightly sour) kick. An interesting kölsch, but it's just not my thing. Worth trying though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
JoeM500 (1902) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - NOV 10, 2003
Toasty sweet nose from a golden beer, light on carbonation. Sweet and toasty malts are pleasing, as is the light germanic hoppy finish, medium bodied and quite the thirst quencher!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Sham (1845) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 2, 2003
Very pale yellow pour small head. Malt aromas, nothing too dominating. Nice flavors for a Kolsch.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
dortmunder (961) - Herdecke, GERMANY - OCT 20, 2003
Best Kölsch I´ve had. Normal characteristics of the style, but more well-rounded than the other Kölschs. The only Kölsch I would consider drinking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - OCT 18, 2003
A light crisp flavor with a nice malt aroma. Pours a very clear pale yellow color with nice lacing. All around this is a well built kolsch (I usually hate these) that is very flavorful yet refreshing at the same time.