Remember Pearl Harbor Dark Lager
     click to upload

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.88   SEASONAL: Special   ABV: -
Home of the Brave recently released Remember Pearl Harbor Dark Lager to commemorate the 70th year anniversary of the attack. Brewed with a unique mix of hops and chocolate malt, this limited reserve serves up a robust flavor and finishes with crisp refreshment. Destined to become a collector’s item, only a limited number of 22 oz. silk screened bottles and commemorative boxes were made. You can find this unique beer at the Wine Stop in Honolulu.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jb (2301) - Rochester, New York, USA - FEB 28, 2014
Contract brewed by Sprecher this tasted very similar to a swarzbier I had from them. This was noteworthy beer, because at a dinner, 3 of us out of 4, ordered this, and they brought us each a bomber without warning. Yikes! But it was tasty, very tasty, fresh, hit the spot, and all 4 of us contributed to making the problem disappear. My notes from the Sprecher apply: Coming out of the bottle, this beer instantly captured my attention, man it was good looking. Black, no real highlights, thick tan head, small tight bubbles, nice retention. Roasted, and chocolate in the nose. Yup a little coffee too. Decent palate with a sharp start and nutty toasted end, also caramel. A bit watery in the palate but to be expected in this style. Very very good, I’m guessing best schwarzbier I’ve had.