overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 190   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76   IBU: 85   EST. CALORIES: 249   ABV: 8.3%
A Double Pale Ale with juicy citrus hop flavor from Centennial, Cascade, Amarillo and Chinook hops. We started with the idea of doubling-down on our Iron Fist pale ale recipe, made a few tweaks and ended up with this great beer. Although the name says otherwise, we recommend one at time.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
hopheadsbrew (142) - Illinois, USA - MAR 23, 2013
Floral and very resiny smell. Ver clear golden/amber color. Good lacing. Slightly citrusy and very piney. Just damn good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
TheCruiser (1) - UNITED STATES VIRGIN ISLANDS - SEP 23, 2010 does not count
IMO this is Man Candy ^2 Just fantastic, unique, powerful, mind clarifying elexor!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ChiGuy68 (426) - Illinois, USA - MAY 1, 2013
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2013 Tasted on tap at Revolution Brewery. Has a rich amber color with a full, frothy head and nice lacing. Beautiful hop aroma. Smooth going down with a nice punch of hoppiness. I LOVE this beer!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
pablo951 (466) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 1, 2013
UPDATED: MAY 24, 2013 Had it on tap at Revolution Brewery, poured a thin yellowish head and clear amber hues with slight lacing, and a subtly sweet hop aroma! The taste is strong hop with a sweet finish. Tasty!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jason1970 (143) - Illinois, USA - OCT 13, 2012
Really good double pale ale. Revolution has quickly become my favorite brewery in Chicago. This is a serious contender for my favorite beer. Really hoppy with lots of citrus on the nose. Grapefruit, pineapple, some kiwi and a brown sugar or honey aroma. It pours a deep, cloudy copper and starts with a nice fluffy head that leaves lots of thick lacing behind. Itís a medium to thick bodied beer and a bit oily feeling. First thing you notice when you sip this is the heavy citrus accents and he hops which arenít overwhelmingly bitter. They donít leave an astringent or bitter aftertaste. You get lots of fruit and honey or brown sugar and lots of caramel at the front and some lingering citrus hops on the back end. All good though. I canít say enough good things about this and the only bad thing is that Iím out of it and need to go get more. Drink this if you like the style and I promise youíll enjoy it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
maxcoinage (26) - Wauconda, Illinois, USA - DEC 20, 2012
Poured from 22oz bomber into imperial pint glass. Pours amber with not much head. Smells of pine and citrus, good mouthfeel. flavor is fantastic-lots of hops nice bitter finish. This is a well balanced hopped PA with a complex hop profile.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
jlanning215 (363) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - MAR 11, 2013
Fan freaking tastic!!! A gift from BigIrishFan! Thanks. My first beer from Revolution and I have to say WOW. Beautiful pour. Deep crystal clear red. Wonderful creamy head. Smells of hops....citrus, earthy resiny pine. Really balanced. Malty sweetness and hoppy bitterness. Perfect mouthfeel.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Hopsclation (89) - Chicago, - SEP 5, 2013
Really heavy stuff. I find I am often dissapointed by things that proclaim themselves to be "american strong ales" but end up being watery and thin. This beer does not have that problem, its juciy, full bodied, sticky, and boozy...and overall I would say those are good things. However, it falls short of greatness due to a sour soapy finish in the hop profile. I am sure some people like that, but I dont.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
whitehotg8 (57) - Illinois, USA - SEP 15, 2013
22oz bomber into a globe glass. Beautiful deep amber color with an off white thick head that sticks around. Aroma is all floral hops with fruit tones along with a boozy note. Taste is fantastic; lots of hops from the get go but nicely mellows with a bit of malt balance. Overall one of the better dipaís I have had. Nice job Revolution!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - OCT 5, 2013
22oz bomber bought for $9 at The Beer Temple in Chicago, IL. Bottled 4/12/13 ... a touch old, since itís 7/9, but Iíll make it work. Poured into a Sam Adams Perfect Pint. Appearance: Clear, and dark amber in color. Thereís a great finger or two of sand colored head that lasts for quite awhile. Sticky lacing only lasts near the top of the glass. Smell: Just bursting with hops, as Iíd expect given the style. Massive tropical fruit-esque aromas sit on top of a slight alcohol note. Caramel malts seem to be buried in the background. Smells awesome. Taste/feel: Rather than tropical fruits, the flavor has a pretty huge pine flavor with some sticky resin. The front is a lot of pine, then itís grassy, then spicy for just a moment, and then the finish is of rich (and somewhat "dirty" or "dusty") tasting malt to balance it all out almost perfectly. The alcohol that I pick up in the smell only comes through *slightly* as a warmth in the mouth. As I was expecting with this brew, thereís a solid body to it with just a slight prickly carbonation that makes the taste buds come alive. I think Iím in love. This is outstanding stuff. I notice some people say that this is overly sweet, but I donít get that vibe at all. If anything, itís maybe a *touch* unbalanced because of BITTERNESS and not sweetness. IIPAs that Iíve had tend to be sweeter than bitter, so this is actually sort of unusual for me. Double Fist is my second and last beer from Revolution that I brought home from Chicago over the weekend... I need more. I fucking NEED MORE. Anti-Hero is a fantastic, sessionable IPA, and this is basically a "World Class" Imperial, in my opinion. Worth seeking out.