overall
Brewed by Revolutions
Style: Stout
Castleford, England

RATINGS: 31   MEAN: 3.8/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.63   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Bottled; Regular & Cask; Occasional.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
The_Bish (1124) - West Midlands, ENGLAND - JAN 10, 2013
My brother knows Karl Marx (I don’t have a brother, at least not a real one, but that is a moot point, though if I did have a brother he couldn’t have ever known Karl Marx due to time factors), he met him eating mushrooms in the people’s park (I wonder if this goes a little further than it appears on first glance... does tripping make you more of a socialist?), He said ’what do you think about my manifesto?’ (see what I did there? I’d imagine I’d quite like his manifesto, though the only solace I find in what I know of him and the connections to my life is that I’m on that bastard train and boy do I hope it crashes. Would aliens make it crash? Or would that not really count? I think they would but it would be a different kind of crash. I’m all for aliens by the way, bring them on. Not for a fight, just to spice things up a little), I like your manifesto put it to the taste-o (see what I did there too? I did put it to the taste-o and I’m getting some Belgian choc).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Dommod2011 (698) - Birmingham, West Midlands, ENGLAND - DEC 29, 2012
I’m a rebel. A soul rebel. I’m a conqueror. Soul adventurer. This is my manifesto. This manifesto on the other hand is a delicious, roasted, dry as a bone stout. No fish moobs though.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
maeib (8621) - Wootton, Northampton, Northamptonshire, ENGLAND - NOV 25, 2012
Bottled 17/11/12. A black beer with a tan coloured head and a little lace. A nice roasty malty aroma. Good chocolatey flavours with dry bitterness and a hint of cold coffee. Tasty beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
FatPhil (9179) - Tallinn, ESTONIA - SEP 26, 2012
Gravicask (PBBF2012, Thurs)
Lovely rich roasty aroma. Black, with a persistent tan head. Great roast, so mellow, so full. Palate is really full, rich, and, erm, full. Classic UK stout. I really really like this!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Theydon_Bois (7944) - The ’Sham, Surrey, ENGLAND - SEP 15, 2012
Cask at the Cask, Pimlico - 11/09/12. Very dark brown approaching black with a thin dirty mocha head which retained well. Dark roasted malts on the nose and a good amount of coffee. Taste matches, lots of roast malt and coffee allied to some molasses and licqourice. Medium bodied with moderate carbonation leading to a dry finish. Great stout and one to revisit.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
evergreen0199 (1946) - Northwood, Greater London, ENGLAND - SEP 9, 2012
Cask at Euston Tap, London. A black coloured pour with a healthy beige head on top. Roasty, malty aroma. Tastes roasty, malty, some coffee and chocolate, fruity and a pleasant bitterness. A quite superb rich tasting stout which I will definitely seek out again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
oh6gdx (20253) - Vasa, FINLAND - AUG 17, 2012
Bottled@Euston Tap, London. Black colour, big beigeish brown head, that leaves some lace. Aroma is fruity, liquorice, some mild ashes and roasted malts as well. Flavour is liquorice, roasted malts, toffee, mild wood and some slight chocolate and fruity notes as well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
planky84 (1930) - , Greater London, ENGLAND - AUG 13, 2012
Bottle from Mr Lawrence Wine Merchants, Brockley. I cast my ’Angel Eyes’ over this brew and noticed a black pour with a tan head. Smoke, chocolate and coffee aroma. Coffee, raisin and chocolate flavour. Certainly not a ’Trash’ beer. Dry, sweet finish. May grow ’Stronger Through the Years’. Certainly one to ’Dance Away the Heartache’. This pun-some/over egging the pudding presentation was brought to you by Planky84 with invaluable help from a certain Mr Ferry.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
harrystrill (93) - West Yorkshire, ENGLAND - AUG 7, 2012
Had on tap, very dark and almost thick, roasty chocolate and smooth very drinkable despite the strength

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
swoopjones (5666) - Buffalo, New York, USA - AUG 3, 2012
Bottle at Euston Tap, London. Jet. Lack pour. Light head and no lacing. Milk chocolate powder aroma, melted chocolate notes. Very well made British stout.