overall
Brewed by Revolutions
Style: Stout
Castleford, England

RATINGS: 40   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Bottled; Regular & Cask; Occasional.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
john44 (556) - SW London, Greater London, ENGLAND - MAR 24, 2014
Cask Half Pint at Euston Tap, London in Sept 2012 - Opaque Black in colour. Very Malty; deep roasted malts, lots of coffee, some bitter dark chocolate. Fruity; berries and dried fruits. Hoppy; some hop bitterness. Sweet roasty malts and fruit balanced by slight hop bitterbess. Very drinkable despite ABV. Good Strong Stout!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Garrold (2233) - Sheffield, South Yorkshire, ENGLAND - OCT 19, 2013
Bottle from Blacker Hall Farm Shop. Almost black. Instant coffee coloured head. Lots of tart, peppery, green coffee. Back of the mouth bitterness. Would have liked some sweetness in there. A bit one dimensional.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Pizd (433) - Merseyside, ENGLAND - SEP 19, 2013
(Bottle): Pours a pitch black with a medium tan head. Big smokey, roasted malt aroma, chocolate, touch of espresso. Coffee, roasted malt, burnt and roasty notes, dark chocolate and a touch of vanilla in the taste. Really smooth to drink, a touch of bitterness on the finish. Fantastic, much better than anticipated.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
anders37 (18657) - Malmö, SWEDEN - SEP 8, 2013
Cask gravity @ Egham BF XV. Pours a black color with a small tan head. Has a roasted malty caramel and chocolate aroma. Roasted malty chocolate and coffee flavor. Has a roasted malty chocolate and caramel finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
yespr (33792) - Copenhagen O, DENMARK - AUG 9, 2013
From cask at EBF15. Pours pitch black with a small tan head. Aroma is dark roasted malty, bitter, herbal and roasted dark malty. Liqourice and dark breadish. Dry and roasted finish. Bitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
imdownthepub (11122) - Banbury, Oxfordshire, ENGLAND - AUG 6, 2013
Cask conditioned at The Craven Arms, Birmingham. Black with cream head. Oddly I seemed to start with a sweet dark chocolate in this beer and alcohol fruitiness, but from thereon the alcohol cleared the palate and a developing dry bitterness ensued until a final roasty, charcoal type flavour. Pretty decent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
RichTheVillan (4042) - West Midlands, ENGLAND - JUN 21, 2013
Cask at North Birmingham Beer; dark brown pour with velvety tan head, heavy malt and coffee aroma, coffee hint of vanilla very earthy and roasty with a decent amount of bitterness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
leaparsons (8650) - Leicester, Leicestershire, ENGLAND - MAY 3, 2013
Bottle. Black with a beige bubbly foam. Aromas are coffee and low pine with berries and especially Juniper. Earthy and fruity with burnt toast and floral notes. Smoky with caramel and light grapefruit. Flavours are bittersweet pink grapefruit with chocolate and nutty roadt coffee and dark berry. Spritzy yeast with peppery alcohol. Very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
ladnewton (1560) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - FEB 18, 2013
Cask at Craft Beer Co, Islington (CBI) on 26th January 2013. Virtually black with orangey-white head and lacing bands. Thick roasty aroma. Roast, burnt malt and smoke in-mouth, bitter roasty finish with tart smokiness. Smooth mouthfeel with medium body. Exquisite.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
The_Bish (1124) - West Midlands, ENGLAND - JAN 10, 2013
My brother knows Karl Marx (I don’t have a brother, at least not a real one, but that is a moot point, though if I did have a brother he couldn’t have ever known Karl Marx due to time factors), he met him eating mushrooms in the people’s park (I wonder if this goes a little further than it appears on first glance... does tripping make you more of a socialist?), He said ’what do you think about my manifesto?’ (see what I did there? I’d imagine I’d quite like his manifesto, though the only solace I find in what I know of him and the connections to my life is that I’m on that bastard train and boy do I hope it crashes. Would aliens make it crash? Or would that not really count? I think they would but it would be a different kind of crash. I’m all for aliens by the way, bring them on. Not for a fight, just to spice things up a little), I like your manifesto put it to the taste-o (see what I did there too? I did put it to the taste-o and I’m getting some Belgian choc).