overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Montreal, Canada

RATINGS: 449   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.53   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
This distinctive full bodied red ale is crafted in single batches using a unique blend of four malts. Naturally aged, Rickard's Red is brewed according to the traditional recipe of the Capilano Brewing Company of Vancouver.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Sandybeer99 (15) - elmsdale, Nova Scotia, CANADA - APR 15, 2002
Don’t like it very much. It has a disgusting, sweet aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Filsinger99 (17) - Calgary, CANADA - APR 5, 2002
was recommended by the waitress of my favourite pub. I liked this beer a lot. Had a very good full flavour and went down easy. I could easily drink this regularly.

thefatguy (34) - Calgary, Alberta, CANADA - APR 3, 2002
Very good beer. Both in the bottle and on tap. One of the best beers i have ever tasted. Little less creamy than the old, which is a good thing. Excellent!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 16, 2002
Another attempt of a macro trying to emulate a micro. Slightly better than the gold.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
MarshallMac (143) - West Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAR 4, 2002
better than gold

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Davhgbrew (945) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 25, 2002
Drinkable, nothing worth going to Canada for

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
cybotic99 (9) - Labrador City, Newfoundland, CANADA - FEB 18, 2002 does not count
I love to drink this beer whenever I can get my hands on it. I perfer it on draft than in bottles, but it’s good either way. Slightly different taste than most beers. It has a really nice red colour to it and goes down very easy. I recommend trying this one, it’s a very good beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
dewolfpack (59) - Petit De Grat, Nova Scotia, CANADA - FEB 15, 2002
A nice smooth new beer on the market to me .But I will drink it again .Nice taste not to filling and it goes with poached salmon .Thanks a lot .

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
LuckeyHaskins99 (180) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - FEB 7, 2002
Everytime I am in Canada, my first beer is a Rickard’s Red. Then i switch to something that will not cause vomiting when taken in large quantities. The ABC Is waaay off, i think this stuff is somewhere in the 8% range. I’ve only had it on draft, and would never want to subject my self to a six pack of this stuff. Drink sparingly, and you will enjoy the chewy taste. Drink too much and you will be hurling, headachy, and cursing God.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
SpecialBrew99 (57) - grand blanc, Michigan, USA - FEB 5, 2002
Had this beer in the basement of the Windsor casino while watching Hockey Night in Canada, and what a combo. This beer was cheaper than all the bottles and you got twice as much, and I must say the flavor was twice as good as most. This is the only Red that I think compares to Killians, and I would venture to say that it may even out do Killians. The flavor is just superb.