overall

RATINGS: 269   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.65   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Oakes (13065) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 20, 2007
Draught, Christie’s Carriage House
Cloudy dark yellow. Orangey, malty nose. The body starts full but almost immediately after the first liquid rolls down my throat the whole thing comes undone. Gasoline and spent grains come in, with a hint of citrus and precious little else. This is a bait and switch, the way it looks and smells like a decent wit but then ends up really sucking. Gimme sugar, gimme spice, gimme wheat and it’ll all be nice. Promise me that and then don’t deliver and I will not be a happy lad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 20, 2007
Suprisingly better then I thought it would be. Hazy yellow with light head. Wheaty and citrus aroma. A touch thinner and sweeter but not bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Gpnterojd (178) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 19, 2007
Draft. Dull, cloudy off-orange. Lacks any distinctive qualities, other than possibly the debatable nature of its claim to be a wit. Heavily carbonated and sporting precious little wheat flavour, this may have rated higher if it was billed as a lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cartoonkhaki (1221) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 5, 2007
On tap, St. George Arm’s, St. George, Ontario. I was happy to see something new on tap that I’ve never had before... Already the stigma of it being Rickards made me think that it wasn’t going to be all that great. How would Molson’s make a white beer? Served with a lemon that I quickly disgarded, It also wasn’t touching the beer. I later read the beer coaster for this beer and it recomended doing this, probably because they know it lacks anything special. Kind of cloudy pale yellow with small white head. Some kind of faint spice aroma is off in the distance that is hiding around a mild fruity aroma that is somewhat citrusy. Flavour is equally bland. I couldn’t distinguish what spice was hinding, I read the coaster... it said corriander, but I wouldn’t have known. Mild something citrus in the flavour. Watery palate not much body.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
birrart (6) - Kamloops, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 1, 2007 does not count
A disappointment... I had my first Rickards White at the Radisson Hotel In Calgary during Stampede. After a golf trip earlier this year to California, I had weiss withdrawal...I couldn’t find a weiss beer in Kamloops on tap...Until Stampede in Calgary... Whats with the Orange Rind on the Glass? Orange peel is used by gardeners as a slug repellent...I think we can use Rickards White as the spray form of slug abatement... A good weiss beer should be drunk naked...without duress. What a mess... Now I am beginning to rhyme, and not a hint of corriander or thyme...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
cerberus9 (9) - CANADA - JUL 28, 2007 does not count
An unremarkable beer that suggests a wheat ale (which is what it’s supposed to be). Lacks zest, but is fairly easy drinking.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
daniel0017 (398) - Yukon, CANADA - JUL 19, 2007
UPDATED: OCT 26, 2007 On tap at the New Edinburgh pub: Cloudy, beige with generous bubbly white head. Aroma of citrus, apricot and corriander spice. Delightful flavor with hints of spices, lime and oranges. Palate is creamy with a dry finish. A decent Hoegaarden wannabe.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
CanadaCam (109) - CANADA - JUL 15, 2007
Not being a fan of wheat beers, all I can say this is one of the best of the worst. But if you like wheat beers, then you should like this one.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
french tickler (649) - Aylmer, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 11, 2007
Cloudy light orange poor with a frothy white head. Aromas of coriander, cracked wheat, lemon zest, peaches, oranges and other spicy notes. Nicely carbonated and medium bodied... not expected from this beer. Good bitternes, creamy, grainy and chalky mouthfeel with a dry crisp finish. Flavors are fruity, yet it still has that Witbier feel/taste to it. Very refreshing and a good effort from the big guys.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
frankenkitty (1961) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - JUL 6, 2007
Pours a thick-hazed amber/orange with a fluffy white head fading to a creamy cap leaving wet lace trails. Orange in the aroma (a little soapy) with lemon & lime as well. Vibrant mouth, finishing chalky. Prominent cereal grains in flavor with the citrus fruit giving the impression of Froot Loops. Orange marmalade. As I ate, the alcohol reared and the beer gave off some peach schnapps notes. Not bad, but not what I’d call a "Wit". Maybe an "American Wheat" or even a "Fruit Beer" given the adjuncts.

<font size=-4>Draught pint from Edgewater Tap & Grill, Niagara Falls, ON, CAN</font>