overall
Brewed by Molson Breweries (MolsonCoors)
Style: Witbier
Montreal, Canada
Serve in Tumbler, Weizen

RATINGS: 274   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.65   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Bobsy (194) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 4, 2007
Similar appearance to an average wheat beer, with a below average taste. I found it overly carbonated, and lacking the complexity of flavor that can be found in the style.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
beergut111 (210) - Berlin, GERMANY - SEP 1, 2007
Poured a cloudy orange/ yellow colour. Not bad for a molson beer. Lacked the corriander taste I enjoy from other Belgian whites.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Daytona00 (134) - Quebec City, Quebec, CANADA - AUG 30, 2007
Clowdy yellow colors. Small head. Sweet aroma with an honest taste. Note the greastest white but not too bad. A bit overpriced for the product.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
spazz01 (1) - Orillia, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 26, 2007 does not count
I Just love this beer! It has a nice acidic flavour. Really enjoy with an orange slice. Possibly the best beer ive ever tastes!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
math (4) - midtown toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 21, 2007 does not count
Had it twice in last week - City Grill Eatonís Centre and The Pilot pub at Cumberland/Yonge. Not bad for a molson product. Cloudy pale yellow appearance with thin head. Aromas of citrus and some slight spicy herb of some kind. Taste is less satisfying, hints of orange and other citrus, perhaps corriander, a bit of pepper. Clean finish. Not bad, good choice when thereís nothing else worthwhile on tap.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Oakes (13537) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 20, 2007
Draught, Christieís Carriage House
Cloudy dark yellow. Orangey, malty nose. The body starts full but almost immediately after the first liquid rolls down my throat the whole thing comes undone. Gasoline and spent grains come in, with a hint of citrus and precious little else. This is a bait and switch, the way it looks and smells like a decent wit but then ends up really sucking. Gimme sugar, gimme spice, gimme wheat and itíll all be nice. Promise me that and then donít deliver and I will not be a happy lad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
BeerPrince (1701) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 20, 2007
Suprisingly better then I thought it would be. Hazy yellow with light head. Wheaty and citrus aroma. A touch thinner and sweeter but not bad.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Gpnterojd (179) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 19, 2007
Draft. Dull, cloudy off-orange. Lacks any distinctive qualities, other than possibly the debatable nature of its claim to be a wit. Heavily carbonated and sporting precious little wheat flavour, this may have rated higher if it was billed as a lager.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Cartoonkhaki (1221) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 5, 2007
On tap, St. George Armís, St. George, Ontario. I was happy to see something new on tap that Iíve never had before... Already the stigma of it being Rickards made me think that it wasnít going to be all that great. How would Molsonís make a white beer? Served with a lemon that I quickly disgarded, It also wasnít touching the beer. I later read the beer coaster for this beer and it recomended doing this, probably because they know it lacks anything special. Kind of cloudy pale yellow with small white head. Some kind of faint spice aroma is off in the distance that is hiding around a mild fruity aroma that is somewhat citrusy. Flavour is equally bland. I couldnít distinguish what spice was hinding, I read the coaster... it said corriander, but I wouldnít have known. Mild something citrus in the flavour. Watery palate not much body.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
birrart (6) - Kamloops, British Columbia, CANADA - AUG 1, 2007 does not count
A disappointment... I had my first Rickards White at the Radisson Hotel In Calgary during Stampede. After a golf trip earlier this year to California, I had weiss withdrawal...I couldnít find a weiss beer in Kamloops on tap...Until Stampede in Calgary... Whats with the Orange Rind on the Glass? Orange peel is used by gardeners as a slug repellent...I think we can use Rickards White as the spray form of slug abatement... A good weiss beer should be drunk naked...without duress. What a mess... Now I am beginning to rhyme, and not a hint of corriander or thyme...