Right Brain Smooth Operator Cream Ale

Right Brain Smooth Operator Cream Ale
     click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.55/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.95   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
tectactoe (1177) - Michigan, USA - MAR 31, 2014
Tap: Bright yellow with hints of amber, mild chill haze throughout; mostly translucent & topped with a small layer of healthy, off-white foam. Aroma is mild as cream ales tend to be; notes of light grain, honey, cereal, biscuits, & lightly buttery yeast. Taste is quite smooth; follows the same relaxed notion of the aroma... Biscuit & bread-like malt with notes of grains, oat, cereal, & faintly sweet honey in the finish. A touch of metallic flavor in the aftertaste with crisp yeast & crackers. Certainly quaffable, a nice cream ale when all is said & done.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
fakebeersnob (108) - Saginaw, Michigan, USA - JUN 6, 2013
This is the second sampler from Right Brain that I do not see on the site. Had at the Michigan Tap Room during the Right Brain Tap Takeover night. This is what I would definitely call a gateway beer.. No real hop taste (as with the style). Had a great mouth feel. Texture reminded me of a Boddingtons. Very smooth, creamy beer that I could drink all day. Hopefully there is enough left where I can stop and get a full one tomorrow instead of just the sampler. Usually I like more dynamic flavors, but every once in a while a nice light, great beer is all I need.