Rikenjaks Old Hardhead
     click to upload

RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 2.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.65   ABV: -
A traditional Scottish ale, dark and wonderfully malty. This ale is great with hearty foods.

joemacaluso's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
joemacaluso (119) - Prairieville, Louisiana, USA - FEB 16, 2005
I remember when this one was made by the brewery in Jackson Louisiana. Malty, easy on the palaty, little fruity and cheaper than other imports. It was a great beer to drink at the chimes. I wish someone would start making it again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
LeRay (17) - Louisiana, USA - SEP 25, 2007
This is one of my favorite beers of all time. I used to drink it in the late 90s and it used to be in stores in my area, and then they moved the brewery to another location. I just recently heard that they no longer brew Rikenjaks, which was really disappointing to me. I loved this beer and I wish there was some way to bring it back! So long Old Hardhead....

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
kp (10886) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2007
Date: 09/03/1998
Source: Ale Atlanta

sour malt aroma, very high carbonation, light malt flavor,

Aroma: 3/10; Appearance: 2/10; Flavor: 2/10; Palate: 2/10; Overall: 5/20
Rating: 1.2/5.0
Score: 4
-------- /> The score was calculated based upon the notes and an old scoring system.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
thingfish (7) - USA - MAR 3, 2007 does not count
This is a local brew from a VERY small brewery. It is only found on tap. Drinking this stuff is an event! It is always a crowd pleaser amongst dark beer lovers...for everyone else BEWARE!!! This is some pretty heavy stuff! I find it very pleasent...but it creeps up on you before you are finished enjoying it!....if you are ever traveling down I-10 thru Lake Charles La. Do yourself a favor and drive into downtown and ask for RIKENJAKS brew pub...you will not be sorry...they also brew Lafitte Wheat....

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Aurelius (4238) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JUL 31, 2003
Maltiy, lightly smoked aroma, which was better than the beer. Acidic, peaty and dry maltiness. Medium hopping. Overbrewed/oversparged or something. Light cola brown.