Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 589   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Ringwoodís beer brewed under licence in USA by Shipyard.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Allseeingeye (223) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 19, 2002
On Tap. Golden amber colored. Decent head flatens out pretty quick. Sweet fruit, yeast aroma. Something in the middle I can quite put my finger on. Kind of nutty. Finish is hoppy.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
npdempse (934) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - OCT 8, 2002
The aroma and flavor of this beer are totally dominated by the buttered toast profile of diacetyl. Now, that might be a good thing to some people, but itís just not my cup of tea. There is a fairly sweet maltiness going on in there, and the uncomplicated hops leave a final bitternesst thatís nice enough, but this is something I wonít be revisiting.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 3, 2002
This beer is brewed by the Shipyard Brewery under licence from the Ringwood brewery. the beer has an amber brown color and a medium thick head. the aroma is slightly sweet and malty with hints of fruit. the flavor is sweet and malty with nutty and hoppy undertones. the finish is dry and hoppy.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - SEP 29, 2002
I was fortunate enough to order this casked, so Iím going to rate it based on that. A perfect bitter, period. Creamy white head, copper color, fruity and hoppy, with a touch of malt for the kill. I must have put a dent in the cask with how many of these I ordered. I know I sure as hell put a dent in my wallet. My only complaint is that you lose so much in the bottled version. Probably my favorite from Shipyard. The hog on the label looks so tough!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hopistotle420 (1178) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 15, 2002
Golden amber hue. Nice lacing on beige head. Roasted aromas. Excellant maltiness, kinda woody at first, alcohol, then hop bitterness. A wonderfully balanced brew, definately worth trying. This is my favorite brew from those guys at shipyard. Cant beat the thump.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Dickinsonbeer (5075) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - AUG 21, 2002
Mostly bland, but nothing too offsetting. This is teh characteristic beer that uses only ringwood yeast. Gives it a very distinctive but not the best flavor. It is easy to drink and the price isnt bad so I will have to try again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
HighGravity (926) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JUL 23, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 24, 2003 (BB 1/03) Ringwood yeast. Here we go again. This taste like all of the other Shipyard beers that I have tried. The house character is over the top. Very one dimensional.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
MartinT (8661) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 7, 2002
Litlle earthy hop cones…Dried apple cookies…Otherwise boring…

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Hoss (607) - Florida, USA - JUL 1, 2002
Sweet with a hop finish, It certainly does not remind me of a ESB but more of those mainstream ales. I would drink it again but still struggle with classification.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
muzzlehatch (4420) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - JUN 15, 2002
Best thing Iíve had yet from Shipyard; nice golden color with a fair though diminishing head (nice lacing) and a very fruity aroma (pears?) leads to a really wonderful full-flavored yeasty, white-wine-like, apple infused flavor. I donít know if Iíd call it a bitter; more like a really fine American amber ale or something. Could have a stronger nose and a bit more kick on the end, but this is a winner.