overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 587   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Ringwoodís beer brewed under licence in USA by Shipyard.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - OCT 3, 2002
This beer is brewed by the Shipyard Brewery under licence from the Ringwood brewery. the beer has an amber brown color and a medium thick head. the aroma is slightly sweet and malty with hints of fruit. the flavor is sweet and malty with nutty and hoppy undertones. the finish is dry and hoppy.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
UnionMade (621) - Connecticut, USA - SEP 29, 2002
I was fortunate enough to order this casked, so Iím going to rate it based on that. A perfect bitter, period. Creamy white head, copper color, fruity and hoppy, with a touch of malt for the kill. I must have put a dent in the cask with how many of these I ordered. I know I sure as hell put a dent in my wallet. My only complaint is that you lose so much in the bottled version. Probably my favorite from Shipyard. The hog on the label looks so tough!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hopistotle420 (1178) - Amherst, Massachusetts, USA - SEP 15, 2002
Golden amber hue. Nice lacing on beige head. Roasted aromas. Excellant maltiness, kinda woody at first, alcohol, then hop bitterness. A wonderfully balanced brew, definately worth trying. This is my favorite brew from those guys at shipyard. Cant beat the thump.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Dickinsonbeer (5075) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - AUG 21, 2002
Mostly bland, but nothing too offsetting. This is teh characteristic beer that uses only ringwood yeast. Gives it a very distinctive but not the best flavor. It is easy to drink and the price isnt bad so I will have to try again.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
HighGravity (926) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JUL 23, 2002
UPDATED: OCT 24, 2003 (BB 1/03) Ringwood yeast. Here we go again. This taste like all of the other Shipyard beers that I have tried. The house character is over the top. Very one dimensional.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
MartinT (8396) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 7, 2002
Litlle earthy hop cones…Dried apple cookies…Otherwise boring…

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Hoss (607) - Florida, USA - JUL 1, 2002
Sweet with a hop finish, It certainly does not remind me of a ESB but more of those mainstream ales. I would drink it again but still struggle with classification.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
muzzlehatch (4420) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - JUN 15, 2002
Best thing Iíve had yet from Shipyard; nice golden color with a fair though diminishing head (nice lacing) and a very fruity aroma (pears?) leads to a really wonderful full-flavored yeasty, white-wine-like, apple infused flavor. I donít know if Iíd call it a bitter; more like a really fine American amber ale or something. Could have a stronger nose and a bit more kick on the end, but this is a winner.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 28, 2002
This appears to be an American-brewed version of a british beer. Itís sharp alright, and itís got its fair share of hops, like many British brews do. Is it íone of the best brewers in North Americaí, well, not IMHO, but itís decent and drinkable. Cool wild boar picture on the label, which reminds me of Boarís Head salami (same company? Probably not). Anyway, salami aside, this has a hint of bitterness which complements the malt. I recommend you check this íthumperí out.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ericmoss3799 (73) - Warwick, Rhode Island, USA - MAY 14, 2002
Wow itís been a while since I had this, but this brewery has inspired me to brew my own beer. Maybe one of the best brewers in North America.