Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 589   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16/5   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Ringwood’s beer brewed under licence in USA by Shipyard.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
GiBrew (171) - Fredericton, New Brunswick, CANADA - MAY 26, 2006
Pours golden copper with a thin white head. Aromas are a little boring: Perhaps me having my head stuck in a gallon of paint for the last 4 hrs is affecting my senses, but I can’t smell anything other then malt...Nutty and grass flavours, light to medium body, some citrus in the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
firemedic713 (169) - Palm Bay, Florida, USA - JUN 4, 2004
I liked this one pretty well. Creamy white head, copper color, fruity and hoppy, with a bit of malt.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
kenk99 (168) - Leonia, New Jersey, USA - NOV 14, 2000

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
posikyle (165) - Alabama, USA - JUN 11, 2008
A below average bitter. Aroma was of malts, flavor/mouthfeel was very watered down malts, with a little alcohol bitterness. Wouldn’t buy again.

stephen louis (164) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 26, 2004
Pours a wonderful amber orange with a strong tan head. The nose is amazing,smells like old wet forests,wine and fruit. Great blend of malt and fruitiness that drys out into a candy and hops finish. Very good body and lots of carbonation making for a excellent drinking experience.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mojoman (158) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 10, 2006
A very good ESB. Also reminesent of Shipyard Export Ale (Shipyard brews this beer in the US) in my opinion. Caramel tasting and a bit earthy. Hopped well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
karl (158) - Glendale, New York, USA - AUG 7, 2000

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
scanman (150) - Santa Cruz, California, USA - AUG 26, 2006
This is a solid ale, but I don’t think it is as great as the reviewers rave. There is some real complexity, and I love the apple finish and the caramel, malty toast, coffee front tastes. I think this needs to be closer to room temperature. I drank it cold and I think it closed up the flavors. Will try again!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
cigarsnbeer (146) - Valley City, North Dakota, USA - AUG 18, 2004
Not a bad little ESB, by no means is it the best. But for what I paid, I was very happy. Nice mix of malt and that ESB bite, fairly dusty mouthfeel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
3daddict (139) - Portland, Maine, USA - JUL 22, 2005
Something about a wild pig on the label has always put me off from trying this beer. Well let’s see: Poured a clear amber color with a one-finger head. Yeasty spice hops in aroma. Surprising more mild in taste than expected. Creamy yeasty hop flavor, very smooth, just a touch bitter and finished clean and dry. Sour yeast aftertaste. Not so scary after all! This is really good beer and my rating went up the more I drank. Highly recommended.