overall
Brewed by Rinkuškiai
Style: Doppelbock
Biržu raj., Lithuania

RATINGS: 50   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.55   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Double Bock. 9.5% ABV Naturally fermented. Comes in a glass bottle 0.5 L (16.9 FL OZ). 20 btl/cs.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Finhead (1151) - OFallon, Illinois, USA - JAN 10, 2014
Clear, pale gold pour with a white head (not like a true doppelbock). The aroma is just corn and basements. It has a medium body with oily texture and lively carbonation. The taste is sweet with some harsh alcohol burn toward the finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
JFURYCAT (1079) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 21, 2012
Corn whiskey like aroma and flavor is dominated by.a strange muddled malt flavor which for less than three bucks for a big bottle and 9.5% alcohol is enough to warm the senses at least. Bit like rubbing alcohol. Lots of straw in flavor. Wondering what to do with the other cheapass bottle I bought.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
DrinkEmUpJones (1062) - Georgia, USA - DEC 5, 2010
Pours cloudy piss-yellow with white head. Aroma is nice-yeasty, malty bread dough. Palate is not so nice. Weird fake-honey flavor overlays what could have potentially been a good beer. Underneath the weirdness, there are some decent aromas of tangerine and banana. I don’t understand how this is a doppelbock, for starters. If it were a weizen, it would be a bad one, but at least it would make sense. Strange. There are only two good things about this beer. 1.) It was free to me. The label is so fun, I could’ve easily been tricked into paying 5 bucks for it, and I would’ve been pissed. 2.) If you drink enough, it’ll get you too fucked up to notice the flavor.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
tnkw01 (1058) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 18, 2009
Bottle. I’ve never had a doppelbock that was such a light color. A light golden, amber color. Didn’t have that strong malt flavor one might expect from a doppelbock either. Still, this wasn’t a bad beer. Aroma was similar to other beers brewed by Rinkuškiai. Flavor was caramel, bread with just a tad too much alcohol taste. Recommended at least once.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MmmcKay (1051) - Brentwood, Tennessee, USA - DEC 21, 2009
Not bad at all, but also far from good. Caramel, sweet malt, and booze flavors. Tastes like part sweet malt liquor and part full bodied lager.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
ccex (908) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 16, 2011
Found this affordable half liter bottle on sale today at a favorite store and the label screamed out to me that this would be something up my alley. The 9.5% ABV and Santa Claus will sell it to most. I was expecting a double bock, as advertised, but ended up with what I think is Lithuanian malt liquor. The initial whiff was corn, grains, and booze. Pours average amber/yellow with a white head and some lacing. Aroma has lots of apple and some odd spices. Body is medium, not what I’d expect from a double bock. Finish is medium with a little hay. I had to wait a few minutes for it to warm up on me, The 2nd half of the bottle was much better than the first taste. Reminds me of the same brewery’s "Before and After"

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
yemenmocha (658) - Glendale, Arizona, USA - DEC 19, 2009
Pale gold in color with thin white head that dissipates to nothing. Nose is on the lighter side with some cereal grain and honey. On the palate the malt sweetness comes through nicely, perhaps with some light honey sweetness, and finishes with a kiss of alcohol warmth. More like a single bock than double.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
muenster (345) - Sevierville, Tennessee, USA - DEC 23, 2009
UPDATED: JAN 31, 2010 Is Tennessee some kind of test market for Lithuanian brews? Seriously, why do we have beers from relatively obscure eastern European beers at Ma & Pa liquor stores? I am Bolshevik. I eat your rubles. My robot is the space adventure. 3.6 million people. That is the population of Lithuania. I love this bottle, it says "European Beer". The woman at the liquor store showed me the elf in Santa’s butt. Jesus, I just did something and my firefox is taking up the entire screen. Drinkable beer really. Cheap booze and melted caramel ice cream destroyer in the nose, sweet syrup caramel booze in the flavor.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Pecan (49) - California, USA - DEC 23, 2009
Pours deep, clear golden with substantial white head. Aroma is honey and malt sweet, floral, and ever so slightly citrus. Very sweet flavor. Begins with something akin to honey and malt and progresses to something I would compare to stevia, cinnamon, and other holiday spices. Even finishes sweet. Texture is light but abrasive. Masks alcohol well, but would not recommend more than tasting this beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
aswithers (1) - USA - JUN 21, 2013 does not count
Picked this up from the bargain bin of the local beer store. The Doppelbock name attracted me to it immediately. Aroma was sweetness and alcohol, as was the taste. Not malty enough to be a doppelbock, more like a strong lager. I still found it enjoyable, and for the 99 cents I paid, it was well worth it.