RATINGS: 104   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.33/5   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 140   ABV: 4.67%
This beer has an unmistakable roasted chili aroma and flavor without being too hot. The whole chili is used to infuse the beer with a mild green chili flavor and leaves you with just a hint of heat on the back end.

Brewed as Rio Grande Brewing Company, Moriarty, NM.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
KAF (448) - Coralville, Iowa, USA - JUN 27, 2008
I really enjoy spicy foods and chiles so my rating may reflect that. Hazy yellow color with a thin white head. Fresh sliced pepper in the aroma. Light pepper flavor and slightly hot.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
ChainGangGuy (4600) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - JUN 21, 2008
Appearance: Pours a clear, pale yellow body with no head to speak of. Smell: Roasted chili pepper, baby! Taste: Pale maltiness with no apparent sweetness to obstruct the chili peppers delivering a roasty, vegetal taste and what could be considered a restrained bitterness. Same until the finish. Mouthfeel: Light-bodied. Almost no carbonation. Drinkability: Itís no Cave Creek Chili Beer and thatís definitely a good thing.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
ATLBeerDog (280) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JUN 20, 2008
Pours very pale and light with not much carbonation. Very clear. No head. Smells of corn and not much chili. First taste is bitter then floral sweet with not too over the top chili.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
badgerben (4682) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - JUN 12, 2008
Punished by BDR with this one. Yellow color with no head. Aroma smells like a freshly sliced green pepper. The taste would be akin to using a chile as a sucker. I will grant that the pepper spice and heat is quite well balanced with the malt and corn flavor. It doesnít turn into a pint of Tobasco sauce.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Skyview (5360) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - JUN 11, 2008
A 12-oz bottle shared by BDR. Pours a clear straw blonde brew with a fast dissolving white head that dissipates clean with a very thin bubble ring. Aroma of chili powder, some white salt, and bread malt. Taste is mostly chili pepper, light bodied with some red bell pepper and green vegetables. Finish has a light chili spice aftertaste that is not too strong. I would take the beer with a Mexican Tex/Mex dinner over the macro version beers.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
RSRIZZO (1905) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - OCT 14, 2007
Had this beer at GABF on 10/2/1999. Aroma has a faint pepper scent. Color is a light gold with good carbonation and head. Taste is light with a nice chile flavor and a good spicy bite in the after taste. This is a very good Chile Beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
RblWthACoz (964) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - SEP 7, 2007
The first sip actually burnt the back of my mouth a bit from the chile and after that the chile was so strong, I could barely keep it in my mouth. Now the question is what I am going to do with the other 5 bottles in my fridge. Not to mention the half full glass next to me that I wonít be able to finish. P.S. If a green chile could take a piss, this is what would be in the toilet.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
cohiba73 (11) - Texas, USA - JAN 30, 2007
Great aroma if you are used to what the air smells like in the NM hatch valley in early fall. The beer starts out crips then the heat tickles your throat. Can only have 1 or 2 of these then move to smething else.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
505 (271) - Echo Park, California, USA - MAY 31, 2006
Poured pale yellow, pretty much not head. Aroma was interesting, like roasted green chile, points for that, but flavor was horrible. If there are two things I love in the world itís green chile and beer, but this tasted awful. The beer was far too light and watery for a chile beer, and the chile was way too overpowering. This beer still gives me nightmares. Iíd say I want to retry it again, but I could never force myself to buy another bottle.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
fly (1441) - austin, Tejas, Texas, USA - AUG 29, 2005
Far too thin to allow much of any enjoyment for me. Iím not a fan of chile beers at all really, but as it was a gift (or trade) I figured I should go ahead. The New Mexican green chile is unmistakeable for one thatís tried them. It was nice in a way and far more enjoyable than CCCB, but as the only thing I really liked I prefer in a meal rather than a bottle ........... thanks to Whaleman