overall

RATINGS: 99   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.33   IBU: 12   EST. CALORIES: 140   ABV: 4.67%
This beer has an unmistakable roasted chili aroma and flavor without being too hot. The whole chili is used to infuse the beer with a mild green chili flavor and leaves you with just a hint of heat on the back end.

Brewed as Rio Grande Brewing Company, Moriarty, NM.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
RSRIZZO (1870) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - OCT 14, 2007
Had this beer at GABF on 10/2/1999. Aroma has a faint pepper scent. Color is a light gold with good carbonation and head. Taste is light with a nice chile flavor and a good spicy bite in the after taste. This is a very good Chile Beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
RblWthACoz (964) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - SEP 7, 2007
The first sip actually burnt the back of my mouth a bit from the chile and after that the chile was so strong, I could barely keep it in my mouth. Now the question is what I am going to do with the other 5 bottles in my fridge. Not to mention the half full glass next to me that I won’t be able to finish. P.S. If a green chile could take a piss, this is what would be in the toilet.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
cohiba73 (11) - Texas, USA - JAN 30, 2007
Great aroma if you are used to what the air smells like in the NM hatch valley in early fall. The beer starts out crips then the heat tickles your throat. Can only have 1 or 2 of these then move to smething else.

1.3
   AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
505 (271) - Echo Park, California, USA - MAY 31, 2006
Poured pale yellow, pretty much not head. Aroma was interesting, like roasted green chile, points for that, but flavor was horrible. If there are two things I love in the world it’s green chile and beer, but this tasted awful. The beer was far too light and watery for a chile beer, and the chile was way too overpowering. This beer still gives me nightmares. I’d say I want to retry it again, but I could never force myself to buy another bottle.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
fly (1419) - austin, Tejas, Alabama, USA - AUG 29, 2005
Far too thin to allow much of any enjoyment for me. I’m not a fan of chile beers at all really, but as it was a gift (or trade) I figured I should go ahead. The New Mexican green chile is unmistakeable for one that’s tried them. It was nice in a way and far more enjoyable than CCCB, but as the only thing I really liked I prefer in a meal rather than a bottle ........... thanks to Whaleman

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
LilKem (1213) - Marietta, Ohio, USA - JUL 27, 2005
intriguing... a chili beer with the spiciness but not the heat. shag managed to pick up a 6 pack of this stuff at greens for $2!!! amazing steal, no matter how bad...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Shag (2623) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - JUL 24, 2005
A nice score for $2 a six pack or was it? A yellow appearance with no head present. The aroma is banana and green peppers. The flavor is corny with jalapeno pepper seeds and bell peppers. There is no heat present at all. Whats the point of this beer again?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
21iceman40 (1731) - vienna, West Virginia, USA - JUL 23, 2005
very clear yellow color with little to no head, however its carbonated up the fuckin ass. Smells like stale pond water that is on ice. The body is full of carbonation. It isnt hot, but does have some pepper characteristics, just minus the heat.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JUL 9, 2004
Wow now here is a beer that slaps your tastebuds, and gives you something you were not expecting. This is not bad, but definitely not for me. Alchohol and heat just do not go together.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
CyclistSarah (15) - Ontario, CANADA - MAY 6, 2004
Surprisingly, the flavour is quite good and interestingly spicey, but not for me as the look and smell is off putting.