overall

RATINGS: 166   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.62/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
We mill the choicest two row barley malt in our 100 year old mill room for this all natural, non-pasteurized Irish Lager. Lightly hopped, fermented slowely. River Horse LAGeR gets plenty of quality time with us before we pass it on to you.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
Braudog (6196) - Yorktown, Virginia, USA - JUN 13, 2003
Very clear and light with little aroma. Clean and light with just a hint of hearty character. Not much to this beer, I suppose, but it's well brewed to appeal to the common man.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - MAY 9, 2003
Well, the reviews for this beer are all over the board from "cheap bud imitation" to "puts several German Helles' to shame." I aim to set the record straight. On one thing we can all agree: the label is TERRIBLE. I could've made a better label with a color laserprinter. Note to brewer - see Victory beer labels for inspiration. As for the beer, it's like Yuengling but without all that excessive carbonation. A very fine lager that deserves some credit due to its crispness and quality malt flavor. This is no Bud clone although River Horse certainly has a reputation for using liberal amount of, er,...water... in its beers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
krdktq (17) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 28, 2003
A NICE COLOR BUT VERY LITTLE HEAD THAT QUICKLY FADES. VERY FRESH WITH AN AVERAGE TASTE

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Drinkingdan (375) - East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 13, 2003
I very nice lager. Nice malts and dark golden color. Crisp and clean.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
raymow (1344) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 24, 2003
UPDATED: MAR 13, 2003 Rerate: OOps! Rated the wrong beer the 1st time. This one was good too, though. Nice golden color, interesting aroma and slightly sweet flavor. Very good stuff. Orig. rating (wrong beer): Pretty good. Reminds me of Red Hook Blonde Ale. Has a sweet aroma and flavor, but not too sweet. I also like the color, it's a bit darker than I expected.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - JAN 7, 2003
Super snappy in so many ways. The malting is very nice (aroma is so strong of Munich pale), the hops are certainly strong enough to make this a very crisp beer. Had it with luch and it went down soooooo easy! Delicious. Dank U, u.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
urbnhautebourg (997) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - DEC 31, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 18, 2004 Update: They have changed the recipe--now styled an Irish Lager. Guess how good it is. Update: Recent sample showed some real thinness which disappointed me tremendously and I must knock this one off of its 4.4 perch. Old: I'm amazed that this beer has been rated so low, particularly by those who've tasted it near its source. The worst I can say about it is that the label is among the lamest I've ever seen. Inside the bottle, however, is a wonderfully malty Helles bursting with flavor. The Munich style malt is in full force, with just enough hops to set the malt in relief. I think this one puts a number of authentic Munich Hells to shame, e.g. Spaten, Paulaner. A must-drink for a malt lover.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 29, 2002
Your average lager... nothing particularly unique

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
pivo (2651) - GERMANY - NOV 24, 2002
Dusty, sweet nose; light orange cloudy color; nice head. Juice-like taste, light hop finish. Medium body and a round mouth feel.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
YogiBeera (2558) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 24, 2002
Hoppy grassy aroma. Golden with a little head. Also hoppy fullmouth flavor. Good balanced!