Rivertowne Sell-Out Saison
     click to upload

Serve in Tulip

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.93   EST. CALORIES: 264   ABV: 8.8%
Named in honor of “the great American lager”. This Belgian farmhouse ale is gold in color and possesses an incredibly fruity and spicy flavor produced by a special strain of Belgian yeast and a warmer fermentation. Drink this one while you can, because it will sell-out just like its namesake!!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
SSKD814 (854) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 22, 2010
A-Slightly cloudy pale yellow body that is served with a 1 finger white head. Head subsides quickly and leaves some lacing behind in the glass. S- Coriander and yeast come through along with a slight tartness. T- Coriander and some fruity citrus upfront with a slightly tart backbone. The tartness intensifies for the finish along with some other flavors. Flavor is somewhat mild. P- Medium carbonation and light body. Body is slightly yeasty but not as full as I expect in a good Saison. O- This is a pretty good beer overall and is very drinkable. The 8.8% is not noticeable at all and I was very surprised when I read the menu again as I was finishing my glass. This does taste more like an imperial witbier than a saison to me but I like imperial wits too. I liked it but probably won’t order it again because of their interesting selection that I haven’t even scratched the surface of yet. Serving type: on-tap Reviewed on: 09-22-2008 20:54:20

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Naka (705) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 3, 2008
On tap at the Pour House. Pours a mostly clear golden color with a small frothy white head. Aroma has some spicy fruit, a bit of yeasty vanilla, and alcohol. Very strong fruity taste. Apples, citrus, and a nice peppery spice. A bitterness from alcohol is definitely there. Sort of a mineraly characteristic in there, slightly medicinal. Medium -light body that leaves a nice bitterness in the mouth. Nice offering.