overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 260   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.11   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
An unfiltered American wheat ale made with real mean peaches. The only thing missing is the fuzz. Savor the anger.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
raradel (342) - Atlanti Beach, Florida, USA - MAR 28, 2011
One of my favorite beers, I think Iím going through a fruit beer faze. If you like peach, give it a try.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
drunkenpolack (319) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - FEB 3, 2012
Son of a Peach pours two colors. At the bottom of the glass you get a deeper orange color. As you go up, the orange gets lighter and lighter until you get up to the top of the glass and itís more of a yellow color. As you can see in the picture there is a ton of sediment in there. I went back and read other reviews to make sure I didnít get a bad bottle but every review I read saw the same thing I did. Then I saw on the site that this beer is unfiltered. That would explain it. Barely any head is poured. Whatever is poured fizzes away into a small bit of lacing around the glass. Now the aroma of this beer really got me into it. The aroma is rich and big. It smells like peaches and cream. Itís really impressive. I sat there for a while just enjoying the smell. The taste in the beginning really didnít do much for me though. Itís like the smell but itís not as big. I definitely picked up more ingredients in the taste though. The peaches are mixed in with more of a wheat and grain flavor. As you let it warm up and as you drink, the peaches come through and build up more. The mouthfeel is on the medium side with a tiny bit of carbonation. Youíll notice a little bit of the sediment once in a while but itís not bad.

0.6
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
zickbeer_ye (298) - Virginia, USA - AUG 1, 2013
Smells like a straight peach and syrup. Foamy white head and fuzzy sedimenty light orange body. Tastes like Watered down peach syrup and that old school yellow cough syrup your mom used to buy. Donít want it on my palate again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Markm2151 (280) - toledo, USA - OCT 22, 2012
Aroma is fruity and lots of peach. Appearance is gold with brown highlights. The beer was overly carbonated, tasted of artifical flavoring (they state they donít use artifical flavoring, so who knows), I was not a fan of this.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Ulfada (257) - North Carolina, USA - JUN 23, 2011
Pours a hazy golden copper. Peach aroma is intense, so is the flavor. Not my thing, but if you like peaches youíll love this beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
JamesD (243) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - MAY 10, 2009
This beer pours a cloudy orangish gold with a peach aroma containing hints of wheaty yeast. The flavor is very smooth and not overly sugary or peachy, just a nice balance of classic American wheat ale qualities with a nice peach undertone. The mouthfeel is very creamy and admirably, not sticky like a lot of fruit beers tend to be. This is a nice, light bodied fruit beer your girlfriend will like.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Bamaboy1975 (242) - Suffolk, Virginia, USA - APR 12, 2013
Gold in color. Unfiltered. A lot floating around in there. Highly carbonated. Good amount of sediment in the bottom of the bottle. Smells of fresh peaches. I get the wheat and a good amount of peach flavor. Feels great on the tongue. Light and refreshing. One of my favorite summer time brews. I find it refreshing after cutting the lawn or relaxing on my patio. This years offering had a lot more floating around in my glass. Kinda weird watching those chunks working around in there. I look forward to this brew every summer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
FestDecBeet (227) - - JUN 1, 2014
UPDATED: JUL 17, 2014 Look: pours a cloudy orange color. Small head that disappears quickly. Smell: smells extra sweet. Peaches for sure. A honey sweet smell. Taste: peaches and a bitterness to it. Not as sweet as the smell. Almost like a peach flavored ginger ale. Spiced peach, not fresh peach Feel: leaves a film on the teeth and mouth like a bitter APA. Overall: if it tasted as sweet as the smell you would have something. Not bad, just expected more sweetness from it.

BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - JAN 23, 2010
Very interesting offering, as I had never seen a peach wheat before. Beer poured an semi-opaque orange cloudy color. Aroma and flavor dominated by peaches and cream. A great summer, warm weather beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Hopswagger (198) - South Carolina, USA - MAY 8, 2013
P: Hazed orangish golden body with no head. S: Artificial peach and wheat. T/M: More artificial peach less wheat. This reminds me of a flat peach faygo or maybe a peach flavored Mich Ultra. The carbonation was not there and the body was thin. O: If this was not a $3 special I would have complained and sent it back. Iím highly disappointed in this considering how many people rave about this beer. I hate being so negative but I liked nothing that this beer had to offer. I wouldnít put this on your shirt list.