overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 283   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.08/5   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 174   ABV: 5.8%
An unfiltered American wheat ale made with real mean peaches. The only thing missing is the fuzz. Savor the anger.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
HippieFee (321) - - MAY 10, 2015
Bottle - Has a weird "fake" peach smell to it, also hints of vanilla. As for the taste it tastes fake, overly sweet if you ask me. I can’t confirm but I don’t think there is a real peach in this wheat beer. All in all it just tastes weird and I like a good peach beer, Festina Peche is one of my favorite beers of all time. Another taste I get is medicine, just awful.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
drunkenpolack (319) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - FEB 3, 2012
Son of a Peach pours two colors. At the bottom of the glass you get a deeper orange color. As you go up, the orange gets lighter and lighter until you get up to the top of the glass and it’s more of a yellow color. As you can see in the picture there is a ton of sediment in there. I went back and read other reviews to make sure I didn’t get a bad bottle but every review I read saw the same thing I did. Then I saw on the site that this beer is unfiltered. That would explain it. Barely any head is poured. Whatever is poured fizzes away into a small bit of lacing around the glass. Now the aroma of this beer really got me into it. The aroma is rich and big. It smells like peaches and cream. It’s really impressive. I sat there for a while just enjoying the smell. The taste in the beginning really didn’t do much for me though. It’s like the smell but it’s not as big. I definitely picked up more ingredients in the taste though. The peaches are mixed in with more of a wheat and grain flavor. As you let it warm up and as you drink, the peaches come through and build up more. The mouthfeel is on the medium side with a tiny bit of carbonation. You’ll notice a little bit of the sediment once in a while but it’s not bad.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mverity (294) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JAN 11, 2015
Pours a slightly hazy gold with touches of amber. Medium collar, great lacing, good wisps and decent head. Aroma is great; like a fresh juicy peach with a some wheatiness to it as well. Taste is where it falls off a bit. I get the peach, but it tastes manufactured. Peach up front, wheaty banana in the middle and some odd bitter spiciness at the end. Medium body, low carbonation and a slightly grainy mouthfeel too.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Markm2151 (280) - toledo, USA - OCT 22, 2012
Aroma is fruity and lots of peach. Appearance is gold with brown highlights. The beer was overly carbonated, tasted of artifical flavoring (they state they don’t use artifical flavoring, so who knows), I was not a fan of this.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Ulfada (257) - North Carolina, USA - JUN 23, 2011
Pours a hazy golden copper. Peach aroma is intense, so is the flavor. Not my thing, but if you like peaches you’ll love this beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
JamesD (243) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - MAY 10, 2009
This beer pours a cloudy orangish gold with a peach aroma containing hints of wheaty yeast. The flavor is very smooth and not overly sugary or peachy, just a nice balance of classic American wheat ale qualities with a nice peach undertone. The mouthfeel is very creamy and admirably, not sticky like a lot of fruit beers tend to be. This is a nice, light bodied fruit beer your girlfriend will like.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Bamaboy1975 (242) - Suffolk, Virginia, USA - APR 12, 2013
Gold in color. Unfiltered. A lot floating around in there. Highly carbonated. Good amount of sediment in the bottom of the bottle. Smells of fresh peaches. I get the wheat and a good amount of peach flavor. Feels great on the tongue. Light and refreshing. One of my favorite summer time brews. I find it refreshing after cutting the lawn or relaxing on my patio. This years offering had a lot more floating around in my glass. Kinda weird watching those chunks working around in there. I look forward to this brew every summer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
atlrizzob (225) - Aiken, South Carolina, USA - AUG 27, 2015
Might’ve been better without the peach. Pours a dark clear orange with a white ring of foam. Flavor has the same characteristics as most farmhouse wheat beers but has an odd bitter out-of-date peach taste. Oh, well still gonna drink every bit.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
LiMuBai (222) - - JUN 4, 2013
I’m not much on wheat beer, but this one was damn good. It has a light, white head with a full aroma of peaches. The flavor certainly was filled with peaches, but not overwhelming. It was a light bodied beer that would certainly be a good for a summer session.

BigSkyman007 (202) - USA - JAN 23, 2010
Very interesting offering, as I had never seen a peach wheat before. Beer poured an semi-opaque orange cloudy color. Aroma and flavor dominated by peaches and cream. A great summer, warm weather beer.