Brewed by Brasserie Rochefort
Style: Abt/Quadrupel
Rochefort, Belgium

RATINGS: 5079   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.3/5   IBU: 27   EST. CALORIES: 339   ABV: 11.3%
The top product from the Rochefort Trappist brewery. Dark color, full and very impressive taste. Strong plum, raisin, and black currant palate, with ascending notes of vinousness and other complexities.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Dragonfly1 (500) - Colorado, USA - AUG 24, 2007
#50 for me. Hop Leaf, Chicago. This beer made my day, my night, my week. I had no pre-conceived notions of what this would / should taste like. I just decided to fork over the $12 for the bottle and see what it was about. Couldnít have been better. When it first hit my lips I knew this was something special- all the previous 1500 reviewers have said it, but the fig, vanilla, raisin, and heavy alcohol taste worked perfectly together. A little sweet candi sugar too. In a word- wonderful...

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
Floback (550) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - AUG 24, 2007
Bottle from Total Wine. Pours a white-rimmed dark brown with no head. Very oily, almost non-existent lacing. The aroma was the beginning of my disappointment and puzzlement of this beer. My nose received overly sweet notes of bubblegum, flowers, and cotton candy. The alcohol was very overpowering in the taste with a strong astringent bite in the finish along with more bubblegum and wood flavors. The carbonation was surprising due to the lack of head received upon the pour. This was ultra-fizzy and off-balanced along the full body. Again, I was puzzled due to the high acclaim this beer gets. My bottle couldíve been old, but Iím sure this is supposed to be aged. It could also have been too warm as I did not let it sit in my fridge very long, but I know the colder a beer is, the less flavor your tongue receives. I will try it again in the future to see what all the fuss is about.

mabel (8640) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 23, 2007
[555-20070823] 330mL (10/01/11). Boozy wood malt aroma with light fruity rum raisin and medium alcohol. Hazy, dark brown amber body with a long-lasting foamy off-white head. Burnt roasted malt aroma with a sweet toffee aftertaste and hints of nut and chocolate throughout. Full body. Booze is hidden just beneath the delicious chocolate surface.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ndubs360 (114) - portland, Oregon, USA - AUG 22, 2007
fours a dark brown that almost looks like swamp water. Monster head which lasts the entire sitting. Taste of dates, raisins, and caramel. Sweet, alcoholy taste. This beer hit me hard, but the alcohol is hidden well, almost too well its scary. The best beer i have had to date.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Jmichael (640) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - AUG 21, 2007
poured into the Rochefort Chalice. Pours a dark caramel brown with full frothy head to the rim, dissipates to the top of the letters. beautiful looking beer in this glass. sweet yeast, some slight mocha candy, mouthwatering, inviting aroma. full carbonated/spritzy mouthfeel with warmth from alchohol on finish. sweet yeast, caramel presence, complezity in middle to finish and thru to the aftertaste. fruity backgrounds within the complexity of bannana and fig. sticky aftertaste completes the beer. Alchohol is well hidden, great.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
AgentSteve (1647) - SF Bay Area, California, USA - AUG 20, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 30, 2008 Very complex beer with earthy, dried fruit overtones. Those were dominent to me, but it is so complex that many other influences were present. Very viscous, very deep color with a nice tan head.

enenalan (21) - Linden, New Jersey, USA - AUG 20, 2007
After being less than impressed by the No. 8, I was expecting another good, but not necessarily amazing beer. Definitely not the case. Rochefort 10 is worlds apart from it lesser brother. Deep, dark brown with similar, foamy head and surprisingly carbonated on the pour. Aroma is thick with raisins and other dried fruits. Tastes overwhelmingly of fruit but well tempered with a bitter, almost porter like finish. The 11.3% ABV gives it a nice bite too.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
NickVega (154) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - AUG 19, 2007
After laying out the funds for the Rochefort, itís inevitable for me to remember how perfect Westvleteren is. Rochefort is awesome - but slightly disappointing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
cdeaton (66) - Madison, Indiana, USA - AUG 17, 2007
After having the 8 knock me on my ass, I was expecting the 10 to throw me out of the living room. But having begun watching my boy James Blake struggle mid-match against some American unknown tonight in the Cincinnati tennis tournament, I needed the knocking on my ass. Didnít get what I was expecting. The alcohol is so well-hidden, itís borderline criminal. The head is gigantic and the beer pours like Vermont maple syrup with a long-lasting brown head. Fruity aroma and flavor, with some toffee, coffee -- very robust and complex. Itís a very unique beer. That said, itís unique in a good way.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Pwn3d (1962) - Manhattan, New York, USA - AUG 15, 2007
UPDATED: APR 16, 2008 11.2 oz bottle. Dark brown, poured a massive dark brown head plenty of debris about. Taste is spicy and some citrus the aroma was of malt and raisen. 11.3% alc. is unnoticeable for double digits, but warming. Part of a blind tasting.