Brewed by Brasserie Rochefort
Style: Abt/Quadrupel
Rochefort, Belgium

RATINGS: 4859   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.3/5   EST. CALORIES: 339   ABV: 11.3%
The top product from the Rochefort Trappist brewery. Dark color, full and very impressive taste. Strong plum, raisin, and black currant palate, with ascending notes of vinousness and other complexities.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Maria (10190) - Thisted, DENMARK - JAN 14, 2007
August 05. I had looked very much forward to tasting this highly praised beer. I wanted to share with someone that would cherish it. So it was Viktor, our friend, who helped us with our - no MY - beer cellar http://www.metzger.nu/discus/messages/34891/34891. Itís a 8 month old and very lively bottle, but the precious drops are captured in our glasses. The aroma spreads in the room, and we look silently at our glasses in awe. We sip the first moutfull - and we are both completely quiet. The first thought that comes to mind are some words from an old song by Kay Norman Andersen / BÝrge MŁller, that goes like this: "I never felt heaven as close as now...". Words like sterling suddenly seems small. Both aroma and flavour are like a basket full of ripe, dark fruits. The flavour has myriads of notes and shades, and itís difficult to keep track of them. But I do get a lot of notes of dark fruits, port wine, caramel and a hint of licorice. Itís the most fantastic beer I have tasted until this day, and Iím glad that I have more of this fantastic beer in my cellar - where I also keep some Westvleteren, yet to be tasted. Itís a beer that is very full-bodied, we enjoyed this one for an entire hour... After this, the very first time, I have tasted it several times. I still like it a lot, but if I were to critize anything, then itís somewhat sweet. So depending on my mood (sometimes a sweeter beer is nice), I most of the time like the Westvletern 12 better.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Svejk (12) - Washington, USA - JAN 14, 2007
This is a great beer. On several occasions Iíve ordered this beer and offered it to friends who were mainly wine drinkers. In most cases, they have liked it and said that they could see themselves drinking beer if it tasted like this. Dark and complex, Rochefort 10 is a real treat.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
detroiter (958) - Euphoria, Minnesota, USA - JAN 13, 2007
The beer is a deep dark brown, surprisingly fizzy, with better than an inch of soft tan foam. Good head retention, very good lacing. Aroma of brown sugar, yeast, rum, and Fig Newtons. Smooth and full bodied beer, very rich and flavorful, with maple sugar, nutty chocolate, fig, and spiced rum. The finish is exquisite: keeping the sweet maple, fig, and chocolate flavors, while at the same time producing a drier earthier spicier and alcoholic taste dominates the aftertaste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ScoWRee (404) - Perkiomen, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 13, 2007
Dark and flavorful! The tastes were amazing. Pouring this and smelling the aroma, I knew this was gonig to be an enjoyment.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
xmarcnolanx (929) - Kirkwood, Missouri, USA - JAN 12, 2007
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2007 A fantastic example of a trappist style belgian quad. A very complex, dark fruit and candy flavor. Has a note of vinousness and raisin. ---- Re-rate 9/23/2007 I must have had a bad bottle of this or something because this was one of the worst bottles I have had of Rochefort or anything else quad-like. It tasted like bad cherry cola with almost no nose or discernible complexities. Aroma- 4, Appearance 2, Flavor- 4, Palate-2, Overall-10 Score 2.2

Slinger (91) - Toms River, New Jersey, USA - JAN 11, 2007
Pours a dark reddish brown with a beautiful tan foamy head. Very complex. Strong dark fruit aroma. Touch of sweetness mixed with nut flavors. Excellent.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
dcshupe (1) - USA - JAN 10, 2007 does not count
bottle was shaken and needed to settle a bit. but I couldnít wait. the particulate was rather thick and dense against a light. But aroma was very nutty and delightful. nose of alcohol wore off pretty quickly and there was no sense of it on the tounge

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
imzugzug (103) - Bechtelsville, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 8, 2007
Crazy expensive but this quad really does live up to itís hype. Sweet and thick with an in your face alcohol presence [in a good way]. This is a special occasion beverage for sure.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
hopslovin (194) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - JAN 6, 2007
Dark amber pour. Nice off-white head. Sweet raisin aroma and taste. Very good beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
henrikb (1260) - Aarhus, DENMARK - JAN 6, 2007
Bottled 2003 - This simply is an amazing beer, no matter how young or old it is!