Brewed by Brasserie Rochefort
Style: Abt/Quadrupel
Rochefort, Belgium

RATINGS: 4859   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.3/5   EST. CALORIES: 339   ABV: 11.3%
The top product from the Rochefort Trappist brewery. Dark color, full and very impressive taste. Strong plum, raisin, and black currant palate, with ascending notes of vinousness and other complexities.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
LadySusan (724) - Ste-Therese, Quebec, CANADA - JUL 18, 2006
What to say about this beer that has not been already said. The dark brown color the aroma of caramel and nuts. The flavor of berries. It is the beer that all good beer drinkers should have and that is all.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
bdjames29 (273) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUL 18, 2006
Second Abt style beer I have tried and I am in love. This was just wonderful. I wanted more. Dark brown pour with an off white head with lots of floating sediment. A wonderful sweet fruit flavor. Creamy, nutty flavor. Great Body. i wanted to make love to this beer. Very accessible in my area. A solid choice. Definite repeat buy.

NJDevilz69 (28) - Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, USA - JUL 16, 2006
Let me start by saying, I was taken out to dinner by the regional sales rep for Merchants Du Vin to sample me on some beers they had that I dont carry in my store. When we got to this one I was like...SOLD!! Sampled from a 11.2oz bottle. Pours a dark cloudy brown with a nice off white head.The nose has a very fruity/plum/raisiny scent to it. Also alotta malt in the aroma. The flavor is spectacular, the residual sugar taste masks the alcohol perfectly. In my short life and my experience (I have never been to belgium), this is the best beer I have ever had. #1 in my top ten. I would have to say my life goal now would have to be, to fly to belgium and try Westvleteren 12 then my life just might be complete. PERFECTION.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jpm30 (1587) - East Central, Georgia, USA - JUL 16, 2006
From a 11.2 slender brown bottle with a coded bottled/freshness date stamped on the front label. Poured a cloudy reddish orange hued brown with a foamy off-white head that settled into a thin lacing, small amount of sticking. Aromas of plums and black currants, herbal spices and a vinousness alcohol. Good carbonation and a creamy smooth medium bodied mouthfeel. Delicious tasting, plum, ripe raisins and currants, caramelized sugar, herbal spiciness, the alcohol provides a nice warmth in the palate and is red wine-like, has a dangerously quaffable drinkability, a sipper you want to gulp down. An excellent example of a Quadrupel, tasty. balanced and very drinkable.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
steveneng (11) - Mississippi, USA - JUL 16, 2006
i love this stuff. i have only had it one time and i only had two of them. i got it when i was in new york and i hate that i cannot find it anywhere in mississippi

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
TPaliga (212) - Munster, Indiana, USA - JUL 15, 2006
One of my all time favorites. Nice brown color with creamy offwhite head. Aroma is caramel and toffee with nuts. Spice like hops notes. Slightly doughy. Full bodied but not overly sticky. Excellent tasting brew.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
thebaldwizard (1205) - Ohio, USA - JUL 13, 2006
This was my first quad. and I was intrigued by the experience. The 10 poured a very dark color--a slight shade of purple when held up to light. It poured with a tan head, not too large. The smell was evident as soon as it was opened. The smell was definitely alcoholic and fruity--almost like a white wine. On to the taste. I’m having a hard time describing what I tasted. It starts out with some fruity notes, and has a great mouthfeel--very smooth. I expected a little more hoppiness, but the finish was smooth as well. The taste is complex. I could definitely taste the alcohol, but not in a way that overpowered the flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
snowden719 (130) - USA - JUL 12, 2006
Pours dark with a healthy tan head. Aroma is of raisins, black currant, some caramel sweetness and alcohol. Flavor is huge, with strong plum and raisin taste. Nice warmth from the alcohol and a soft mouthfeel. Finish is nice and long, I feel like I could taste it an hour later.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
glkaiser (1214) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUL 12, 2006
On tap at Brouwer’s....awesome. This one definitely lives up to the hype. Enough has been said about it...I just enjoyed the hell out of it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
alafito (334) - tijuana, MEXICO - JUL 12, 2006
Bottle at the Vine (San Diego) Poured it its own glass, it has a dirty brown color with dirty tan head. Aroma of fruits, cinamon and spices. Flavor is semisweet with raisins, plums, yeast, cherries and caramel. Nice and soft palate but finishes bad with a plastic and winey snap.. too much alcohol to savor the nice complexity in the brew