overall

RATINGS: 286   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.34   EST. CALORIES: 111   ABV: 3.7%
Rock Green Light, launched in 2003, is brewed with care in the same Latrobe brewery as Rolling Rock. Rock Green Light is a refreshing, well-balanced light lager with a slightly spicy aroma and crisp, clean finish. Rock Green Light (3.7% ABV) is for people who want a satisfying, great tasting beer that is low in calories (83).
Note - several ratings refer to this beer being "retired" - those ratings mistakenly rated the retired Rolling Rock Light and were moved here.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
kidmartinek (3307) - austin, Texas, USA - JUN 5, 2008
Golden yellow lager with a arge with head. Aroma of hops, spice, and gum. Bright taste of light hop bitterness, and bubblegum. Texture is a little gummy and body is thin and watery. This beer is right up there with mic ultra in terms of value. Good taste and only 83 cal. and 2.4g carb. Carbonation is excellent and finish has a good bite. But %alc. is only 3.59. This can replace pearl light as the marathon runner.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
cjw163 (109) - hummelstown, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 15, 2006
UPDATED: JUN 29, 2007 I think this is a great Light beer!! Like I said for the pale ale, I grew up on the stuff so I am a little bias. I love Rolling Rock and a great fan of any brewery that has a festival every year (around end of July in Pittsburgh). They get great bands and its a great time.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
LagerLove (65) - Clinton, Missouri, USA - SEP 25, 2006
A decent light lager, fairly crisp and refreshing, but nothing special. Drank a sixer with some 40 ounces of mickeys to get drunk ghetto style!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
bopper24 (1) - USA - SEP 2, 2009 does not count
I enjoy this beer very much. I like regular Rolling Rock a lot more. This is a good alternative to Miller Lite.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
lb4lb (2210) - Austin, Texas, USA - MAR 28, 2009
Pours very light yellow with a white short lived fizzy head. Smell is like seltzer water with a faint, faint bit of malt and yeast. Taste is incredibly mild, even for a light beer. Like carbonated water with a touch of bitterness and the lightest twinge of malt and a very subtle bit of yeast in the finish. Probably one of the cleanest, wateriest, most crisp beers I’ve ever had, and at times that can be good. Medium to thin bodied with medium to high, prickly, carbonation. Refreshing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
gws57 (1274) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - OCT 27, 2003
Had this bottled in Champaign, Illinois. Hands down, the best low carb beer on the market today. This actually tasted like the Rock.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
cfranz (261) - Acton, Massachusetts, USA - FEB 19, 2006
I’m not sure why this gets such low ratings. For what it is - a low carb light beer - it is surprisingly good. It is definitely at the head of its class of beer. For a lighter beer it still retains some of that Rolling Rock flavor I remember from my college days in western PA. I wouldn’t necessarily seek this out, but would choose it if I were seeking something low-key.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Smoke3Smokes (72) - Boone, North Carolina, USA - FEB 28, 2005
Mighty Crabby I Say. This beer is awesome. I like to drink them as much as possible. Bad beer to drink 20 because you will be hungover. If your going to drink 20 beers in a row, drink PBR or bud light.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Turtboy (120) - Lucasville, Ohio, USA - MAR 30, 2006
Six months ago I would have rated this beer far worse than I have. I recently had some major weight loss and I intend to keep it off so this beer is perfect...calorie-wise anyway. It has a touch of skunkiness in the aftertaste and the aroma is "sour" smelling. But overall it is still beer and it won’t put the beer belly back on as quickly.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
JdoubleyouS (82) - Erie, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 5, 2004
Basically Latrobes version of Michelob Ultra. It's got the Rolling Rock flavor, just not very much of it.