Rock Ice Limón

Formerly brewed at Florida Bebidas
Style: Fruit Beer
La Ribera de Belén, Heredia, Costa Rica
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 34   MEAN: 1.14/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.44   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Introducida al mercado en 2005, esta versión utiliza la misma base de Rock Ice pero adiciona sabor y aroma natural a limón con una pizca de sal. Es una cerveza con sabor refrescante con el toque justo de limón. Una de las pocas de su tipo en Latinoamérica.

Ughsmash's rating

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Ughsmash (7086) - Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 28, 2008
Canned thanks to Davin! Poured clear paler golden with a dusting and a light ring of white head. The aroma wasn’t that bad.. fresher lemon extract paired with salt and lesser pale malts (yes, you can actually smell salt in this). The flavor was salty as all hell with sour lemon sugars and pale malts again.. the salt just dominated and I can’t figure out for the life of me why it’s so salty.. dry, thirst-inducing finish that sucked all the extra water out of my body. Tart and salty on the palate with a light body.. unfortunately the salt factor wrecked any chance of enjoyment.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
olliejobbins (728) - Surrey, ENGLAND - OCT 12, 2013
350ml bottle. well i agree with others. the worst CR has to offer. taste is of disgusting fermented lime mixed with beer (the same as it smells when it’s been left for 12 hours). disgusting and not at all refreshing

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Izio (72) - GERMANY - JUN 14, 2013
Cerveza michelada. Limon y sal. Poca espuma, buena carbonatacion. Amargo imperceptible por el acido. Amarillo claro

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
mchief11 (4) - san jose, COSTA RICA - MAY 3, 2013 does not count
Like a lemonnade could pass, but is like the one direction of beers . Weak flavor disgusting aroma and even the bottle is ugly

Rocklimonslut (1) - - JAN 9, 2013 does not count
The best thing I have ever put in my mouth. Our daily rock limon pyramids put the Egyptians to shame. Even if rock limon came out of carrot top’s wiener I would still drink it by the gallon. Bliss + lust = limon.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
solidfunk (3586) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - DEC 28, 2012
I thought my extensive survey of crappy lagers in Costa Rica made by Florida Bebidas was pretty much complete, but apparently I missed the coup de grace. Possibly one of the worst beers I’ve ever had. This "beer" is like the last few sips of a corona left to stagnate for a couple weeks before squeezing an overdose of artificial lime flavouring. Extremely sour. One sip then left it for the village drunk on a street corner in Puerto Viejo de Talamanca.

0.8
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
3fourths (7858) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - JAN 12, 2012
here it is. worst beer in Costa Rica. artificial lime otter pop nose tricks you into thinking it’ll be some thin, watery sweet lemon-lime thing. instead it’s salty, tart and acidic and reminds me of that stale fish smell on the docks. awful in ever way.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
ephemeral8 (67) - denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 12, 2012
Lived up to its reputation as the worst beer in Costa Rica. Nasty mess of putrid limes rotting just inside the garbage disposal and salty bilge water pumped out out the Exxon Valdez. A delightful experience.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Wim (2667) - Weelde, BELGIUM - JUL 26, 2011
gold blond coloured sparkling body with a white head a spicy sweet fruity aroma a spicy sweet fruity taste with a sweet little bitter finish

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
halfonit (1150) - Fall River, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 24, 2011
While on my honeymoon I saw this beer at a supermarket in La Fortuna and decided to try it out. I figured a lime flavored beer in super humid should quench my thirst, and it can’t be worse than Bud light lime. Well I must admit my wrongness on this one. It was pale, bland, salty, and limey. Nothing good came out of this one. I actually poured half of it down the drain. I’ll take a Bud light lime over this one any day. Terrible.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Slipstream (1976) - USA - JUL 4, 2011
I actually got to like this stuff, and found it to be a good alternative to Costa Rica’s lame beers. But I am not sure it really is beer. It might be some sort of lime flavored malt beverage. That leads to a question - are those malt drinks, which seem to be growing in popularity over the years, a beer style? Btw I looked up the answer, which is that they are fermented, unhopped brews with added flavorings and spirits. I am aware that RB does not consider them to be beers. Anyway, this was not bad - it tastes like a light lager with a bit of salt and lime flavor. It must be served cold, of course.