Rodenbach Redbach

(RETIRED)
overall
Formerly brewed at Brouwerij Rodenbach (Palm)
Style: Fruit Beer
Roeselare, Belgium
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 360   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.18   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Redbach, a fruity refreshment based on Rodenbach Classic with a spicy cherry touch (25% Krieken).

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jcat (23) - USA - APR 21, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 25, 2007 I love this beer. It is a great beer to drink regularly- thanks to spector. Smells wonderful--lots of sour cherry aroma. I love the color, itís pretty--a nice red color. The taste is a sour cherry flavor, but not overpowering in the sour department. Great beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
bellasierra2 (16) - absecon, New Jersey, USA - JUL 21, 2007
Beautiful color. Red-cranberry color. Pink head. Cherries, cherries, cherries. Sweet aroma trickles the nose. Sweet taste- like a candy, cherry jolly rancher. Light and refreshing. Sour. Beautiful flavor. Yummo! Champagne feelings on my tongue. Best beer all night.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Funknmilla (676) - Wayne, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 15, 2007
Bottle...brandywine color, very little pale pink head...."things that make you go hmmmm"....more like errrrahhh....jolly, like a rancher, as I smell it in the rancher...pleases the senses and I havenít even tasted it yet...fun palate effervescent and delish!!...a wonderful use of cherries

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
LilBeerDoctor (3414) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 19, 2008
Bottle courtesy of sloth (thanks Bert!). This was my favorite beer when I just started getting into beer. Pours a deep red with a pretty, foamy pink head. Aroma of cherries, sweettart candies. Flavor of tart cherries and more candy. Nice tartness with just the right amount of cherry and sweetness. Ah, heaven...I’m so glad I got to try this again. A pity this beer is retired.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
unclemattie (4119) - Georgia, USA - MAR 28, 2007
Flemish sour íkissedí with cherries. 11.2 oz bottle (330mL) electric red, pinot colored, whitish-pinkish head. aroma of black cherry soda. tastes like creamy cherry juice. medium texture, light bodied. A very unique find!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Newbie (23) - Denver, North Carolina, USA - OCT 1, 2006
Has a very refreshing tart cherry taste. The aroma is very cherry. The color is a very nice dark red. This is a unique beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 19/20
JeffatPenn (4) - USA - JUN 6, 2007 does not count
I was recommended this beer by my local beerologist. I loved the aroma, the color. After a few sips I started to enjoy the cherry flavor. Definitely, for me, and after dinner beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
Edmoe (239) - Orlando, Florida, USA - DEC 25, 2007
UPDATED: FEB 1, 2008 Pours plum color with a pinkish head. Dissipated mostly. Some lacing. Aroma is sour with some cherries. Flavor is fantastic! Sour, but not as much as other Flemish Ales. Definite cherries without the artificial flavor that plagues so many fruit beers. Refreshingly tart. Finishes very clean. I love this beer!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
daknole (8867) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - OCT 20, 2008
Tasting at mcbackus 10/19. Damn this is retired? BUMMER! Wow, I loved it. Red pour. Fluffy head. Aromas of, well lets guess...CHERRIES! Cherry candy to be exact. And a delicious tart cherry flavor too. Loved it and man do I wish for more.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Cletus (6354) - Connecticut, USA - AUG 28, 2006
The best way to describe this: cherries: sour, tarte, sweet, vinegary, woody. A great beer that proves cherries can be used with a great amount of variety.