overall

RATINGS: 2120   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.68/5   IBU: 46   EST. CALORIES: 189   ABV: 6.3%
TASTING NOTES: A non-traditional India Pale Ale with big citrusy, hop flavor and intense hop aroma. Medium-bodied with a vibrant lingering hop-bitterness that is anything but brutal. Enjoy!

8 INGREDIENTS: 2-Row, Carawheat, C15 & Rogue Farms Dare™ & Risk™ Malts; Rogue Farms Alluvial™ Hops; Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jetzler (622) - oklahoma city, Oklahoma, USA - AUG 5, 2006
Bottle 52F English Pint. Nice hoppy aroma, great pine scents, good malty aromas, great bread yeast smells. Smells fantastic. Nice fairly clear light amber color with a splash of orange. Nice off white head that is both fluffy and decent lasting. Nice great hoppy flavor balanced perfecty against medium malts, very good taste I really like this one. A little bigger and hoppy than many popular ESB’s but this one is great. Lighter mouthfeel, lighter carbonation are slight drawbacks. Good beer a very nice ESB. A little less bitter on the hops and it would be a fantastic ESB. Very nicely done once again by Rogue, do they make a bad beer?

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Quixote18 (236) - Johnson City, Tennessee, USA - AUG 2, 2006
Poured from bottle to shaker glass. Hazy amber color with medium-lasting tan head. I would’ve sworn that I detected several types of hop aromas, but Rogue’s deScription told me differently. Nevertheless, the aroma was yummy and complex. In the flavor , I picked up a grapefruity hop flavor that was quite pronounced. To me this seemed almost IPA- like, but not as agressively bittered.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bdjames29 (273) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - AUG 2, 2006
Bottle. Not that is a solid beer. I took a gulp of that and said to my wife without thinking, "I want to stick my face in this." In my opinion, its that good or maybe I was just really, really thirsty. Great looking murky, amber / copper color. Nice white head that stuck around. Great flavor with some citrus and maybe a touch of pine. Terrific hop flavor. Perfect feel in the mouth, beautiful body. Very solid - my full rec.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
JensenTaster (1719) - DENMARK - AUG 1, 2006
(on bottle)Disapointing and not brutal. Withheld in all aspects of the drinking faces and even gets irritating metalligc in the end. 94? tsk.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
deadguy (42) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JUL 31, 2006
Hazy orange body, light lacing, moderate head. Aroma of piny hops; Initial flavor is citrus, nice rolling hop finish with lingering smooth sweet bitter; very palattable. Small amount of malts in-between bouts of hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Padron4KM (757) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - JUL 31, 2006
hazy orange with a solid 2 finger head and nice lacing.
Lemon cookie aroma
Flavor is grapefruit with some pine and a touch of sweetness.
Tingly bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
snookboy (9) - Cape Coral, Florida, USA - JUL 30, 2006 does not count
An easy to drink bitter that I would recommend to someone who does not want to be overwhelmed by lesser bitters

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Zinister (1423) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 26, 2006
Copper orange with a good head. Malty body with good hop blend. Little citrus...and good amount of bitter, but I don’t consider it brutally bitter. I’m a big IPA fan, so I liked the hoppy mixed with the big bitterness. Nice beer....

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
IrishBoy (4021) - Bakersfield, California, USA - JUL 24, 2006
Bottle Lemony hop aroma orange amber color with a medium white, heavy lacing head; Nice hoppy flavor with a little citrus, nice hop bitterness into the finish. Tastes much different and more hoppy than the Britsh ESB’s I’ve had!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ChazMania (661) - Oceanside, California, USA - JUL 23, 2006
Bomber bottle from Whole Foods. Good, very crisp, perhaps this Oregon hop is "bright" flavored. I like this, it is very smooth and drinkable. Not as rounded as a good double IPA, but good indeed.