overall
Style: Wheat Ale
Newport, Oregon USA
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 603   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16   IBU: 34   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
This Belgian-style blonde ale is an unfiltered fusion of wheat and barley malts, spiced with coriander and ginger.

8 Ingredients:
Malts: Great Western Harrington, Klages and Wheat.
Hops: Saaz.
Specialty: Coriander and Ginger.
Yeast & Water: Rogue’s Pacman Yeast & Free Range Coastal Water.

Specs:
13º PLATO
34 IBU
77 AA
3º Lovibond

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
3fourths (8638) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - FEB 7, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 14, 2003 RERATE: Medium clear amber look, missing the cloudiness I enjoy in wheats. Smells of strong peaches, alcohol and yeast with an overall strong a sharp aroma. Tastes of peaches, nuts, lemons. Mild bitter finish, with an enjoyable bite in it. Hefe with kick... not traditional, just Rogue's take on things. Very interesting.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JAN 16, 2003
Taking the advice of aracauna I made sure to agitate the bottle prior to opening and managed not to make a mess. The result was a nice hazy unfilitered color that made me want to drink. The head was mostly diminishing down to a small creamy head. Good aroma of hops. Good flavor of hops and wheat. Typically I'm not a huge wheat fan, but this one is up there. Not quite Bells Oberon, but if I couldn't have that, I would have this happily.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
aracauna (3283) - Georgia, USA - JAN 13, 2003
Bottling a hefeweizen in bombers perhaps is not the best way. I have a large half-liter Paulaner hefe glass and I can’t get the whole bottle in (especially with the large head) Most of the yeast had settled and stuck to the bottom so my first sips were of Half-E-Kristal Weizen. After drinking some to get some space in the glass and some bottle swirling it turned a nice cloudy gold. (Yes I know I could have agitated the bottle before opening, but I have trouble with geysers when I do that.)The aroma is nice wheat and coriander. The ginger doesn’t come through as much in either the aroma or flavor. The Belgian wit half is good with the coriander adding a nice spiciness (especially coupled with the saaz hops). There’s good wheatiness (although not as big as the wheat in the Widmenr Hefeweizen I had last night). Unfortunately, Pacman yeast isn’t really a good yeast for a wheat beer. The lack of almost any esters unbalances this beer, keeps the beer from achieving the complexity wheat beers are capable of and makes the flavor thinner than it should.

Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - JAN 12, 2003
American wheat? What we have here is concoction of serious quality and one that straddles style lines, I think. Big Saaz, ginger, and coriander explosion, unfiltered wonderfulness, better than Oberon, if only because it really packs it in. If it was hot outside and I had a lot of these, I could really embarrass myself. A quality brew and perhaps my overall fave from Rogue.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Crit (3562) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 6, 2002
Hazy gold,white head.Scarce bead. Faintly spiced slightly grainy nose. Some coriander in the taste, ending with a good hop bite

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mikejmadden99 (103) - Mountain Top, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 5, 2002
Well why this beer dosen’t reall represent the style to a T, is is pretty tasty. The pale golden yellow brew with a it thin white foam. It smells of grains and oranges umm Rogue maybe my favorite brewery.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Racegoer (353) - Indiana, Indiana, USA - NOV 8, 2002
aaah another wheat beer, not my style, kept buying Rogue tonight and thought I would try this one, not for me, maybe for you ?

PhillyBeer2112 (2653) - Oviedo, Florida, USA - NOV 6, 2002
Wow - I wasn’t expecting anything from this, other than another boring American Wheat. What a surprise then. Pours a cloudy yellow-gold with large foamy head. Rich zesty fruity aroma - light fruit such as peach, lemon plus a hint of coriander. Flavor is nice and sweet, with plenty of zesty almost minty malt, with fruity tones and still just a hint of coriander. One of the top American Wheats I’ve found.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jazz88 (2613) - San Francisco, California, USA - OCT 31, 2002
Tap in Newport, OR. Belgian-style blond ale. Some wheat and malts with a touch of spice. AKA ’Mo Ale’.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
erway (1004) - Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA - OCT 19, 2002
Very cloudy and instantly smell the corriander and ginger. Interesting name for a belgian wheat. Didn’t need a lemon at all. The finest American made wheat. Extremely refreshing, medium-bodied and delicious.