Brewed by Rogue Ales
Style: Brown Ale
Newport, Oregon USA

RATINGS: 2440   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.7   IBU: 28   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Dark brown in color with a hazelnut aroma, a rich nutty flavor and a smooth malty finish. Hazelnut Brown Nectar Ale is a blend of Great Western 2-row Pale, Munich, Hugh Baird Brown, Crystal 80 and Crystal 135, Carastan, and Beeston Pale Chocolate malts; hazelnut extract; Perle and Saaz hops.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
barenada (211) - Georgetown, Indiana, USA - JUL 26, 2004
Not the worst or the best but quite drinkable. I think Iíd prefer a little more hops.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
bierchik (95) - lakewood, California, USA - JUL 26, 2004
one of my favorites, also found it labeled as Morimoto Hazebut Brown. Real smooth, rich nutty flavor, w/hints of caramel...mmm. dark brown hue, w/an amazing aroma, you canít go wrong w/this beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
davidflores99 (225) - Lakewood, California, USA - JUL 26, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 7, 2004 Another beer I loved! But I got it labeled as Morimoto Hazlenut Brown, so I figure this is the same brew. Flavor was caramel, nutty, and creamy, which I enjoy! This is definitley hitting the top of my list of favorite browns!

mohawksin (187) - Nebraska, USA - JUL 25, 2004
Morimoto on the bottle. Dark reddish brown, good head. Smells of malt and nuts. Nice malt flavor with obvious nuttiness. This was very easy to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Blake (396) - Orange, California, USA - JUL 25, 2004
Had from bottle on July 24th, 2004
Labeled as the Morimoto, this Hazelnut poured dark brown with a nice sized head and a nuttly aroma. While the aroma was nothing new for a nutty beer, the taste was great with a smooth finish and a nice malty flavoring combined with the nuts and cream. There was no lacing and the head dissipated quickly. Good stuff.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jcc83 (137) - Athens, Georgia, USA - JUL 18, 2004
The name of this brew alone was enough to induce salivation, and once I poured it and the first hint of its aroma reached my nose, I knew I would not be let down. It poured a thick, earthy brown with a short-lived head, emitting luscious scents of hazelnut, caramel, and vanilla. The taste was a cascade of malty richness combining nuttiness, sweetness, and a buttery-smooth texture. Not much in the way of hops, but the sensational flavors left nothing to be desired. Truly an amazing beer by my standards, and definitely one of my new favorites.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
obisbeer (565) - Barcelona, SPAIN - JUL 15, 2004
Clear amber brown w/fine head. Nose of malt, faint hops, orange and of course huge hazelnut aromas. Hazelnut, toast, cream, very nutty lingering finish with some marshmallow. Amazingly fun beer...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Kevin (2158) - New Mexico, USA - JUL 8, 2004
Bottle, brown almost black in color with a thin layer of a grey brown head. the expected aroma of hazelnut. flavor has more to it, stout like taste to this, and i like stouts. flavors of grape nuts and caramel.slight bitternes on the finish with a herbal touch too.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
mdi (573) - Nebraska, USA - JUN 30, 2004
22oz Morimoto Looks woody brown, poured with a tan head that died leaving no trace of its former self. Aroma of_SURPRISE!_hazlenut, which makes me think of capachinos, some carmelly malt, but well integrated. Drinks light, almost too much so, and comes back in the finish. Flavor has a kick(almost sour??) in the finish when the hazle comes out to play...really light bodied, but still retains some dark malt character. This one sat in my fridge for months b/c I thought it would suck. It is better than the Berghoff one Iíve tried, though. Not so overwhelmingly "flavored." I think this beers lightness is its blessing, but I canít see myself buying it again, unless things are bleak. Maybe it could be made into an ice cream topping or something...somehow, it just seems like a beer that would be better if it werenít a beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
IndianaRed (3042) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUN 29, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 4, 2004 22oz Bottle labeled as Morimoto Hazelnut Signature Ale. Pours a dark redish carmel color with a fizzy tan head that dissapears in literally a few seconds. No lacing. Smell is a sweet dark roasted, nutty and maybe slight coffee. The nutty flavor is very pronounced, and a bit sweet. I can see whay itís called ínectarí. Dark almost burnt lingering flavor and a slow roasted finish. Plenty of carbonation. Interesting and quite bold flavor.