overall
Brewed by Rogue Ales
Style: Brown Ale
Newport, Oregon USA

RATINGS: 2265   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.71   IBU: 28   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Dark brown in color with a hazelnut aroma, a rich nutty flavor and a smooth malty finish. Hazelnut Brown Nectar Ale is a blend of Great Western 2-row Pale, Munich, Hugh Baird Brown, Crystal 80 and Crystal 135, Carastan, and Beeston Pale Chocolate malts; hazelnut extract; Perle and Saaz hops.

collegebeerguy (9) - Salem, Oregon, USA - APR 16, 2004 does not count
Smooth. True, genuine palate with rich flavor. Real ingredients in this baby. Not only my favorite brown ale, but my favorite of all beers. TOP NOTCH!!

thebrownbomber (6) - Walker, Michigan, USA - MAR 6, 2007 does not count
The hazelnut aroma is the perfect complement to the delightful chocolate/carmel/cofee flavors. Great full body with a lingering malty finish.This beer is an experience that you owe yourself. Hands down my favorite beer at the moment.

DeadGuyFrank (347) - http://westchesterbeer.com, USA - AUG 14, 2007
When you look at the Rogue Hazelnut bottle, there appears a bald intellectual looking fellow with a pretty satisfied almost smug look about him; he is almost saying to you,"Yeah, I got this great mug of hazelnut brown, come on and have some with me." I suggest you do. A fabulous beer! This is a great example of the brown ale style with distinctive characteristics that make it a Rogue product. You can taste, and to their credit, very subtle notes of hazelnut and dryness; thoroughly enjoyable; this is a prime example, like the Chocolate Stout, Shakespeare Stout, and Dead Guy Ale, of why Rogue just might be the worlds best brewery!!!

iabeerguy (392) - Iowa, USA - JUL 28, 2009
UPDATED: JUL 31, 2009 I absolutely love this beer. After having this beer it is difficult for me to go on to anything else. Living in Iowa there is only one place that I know of with it on tap so I have to go with the bottle for the most part. Its my wife and my favorite!

Biggs88 (17) - Philadelphia, USA - NOV 9, 2009
UPDATED: MAY 24, 2010 I had this beer under its new name, Moroimoto HazelNut Brown Ale. (Same beer) Aroma: Extremely enjoyable. Very nutty and sweet. The aroma is very basic. You know with out a doubt your in for a great beer. Appearance: deep, rich brown. Clear and vivid. Flavor: This is it. This beer EXPLODES in the flavor department. Hazelnut is not an undertone. Hazelnut is the main act in this brew. Undertones include malt, coffee, toffee, maple, brown suger, pecan, walnut, and chocolate(almost like chocolate syrup). Palate: Very thin, but enjoyable. I would not want it any other way. Overall Impression: This is my favorite beer. If I had the cash, this is all I would drink. I go thru about four large bottles a week. It is so damn tasty. Please! If you like nutty ales, TRY THIS and PM me about it. I really want to see what you have to say! I hope this brew blows you away like it did to me.

rexalan (1) - Venice, USA - OCT 1, 2011 does not count
My favorite beer so far and being a native Oregonian, Im quite proud of my Rogue!

irishsamurai (1) - knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 8, 2012 does not count
Probably hands down my favorite beer. Amazing taste, aroma, and smooth finish. I love this beer.

heyitsmedavidv (2) - Florida, USA - AUG 22, 2012 does not count
I love this beer. Pours dark brown with not much head. Nutty and malty flavors. One of my all time favorites.

fr0ztbyte (12) - - JUN 30, 2013
Like drinking unsweetened iced coffee! Amazing nutty flavor and a tan head to die for.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
johnson2020 (79) - Canton, Michigan, USA - SEP 6, 2001
Perhaps my favorite beer. Nice balance between the malt and hops. The last sip is as good as the first(perhaps better as it warms a bit).Do yourself a favor and give it a try.