overall

RATINGS: 1343   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82   IBU: 74   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Above and beyond an India Pale Ale--I2PA is radically hopped with an intense aroma and hop bitterness. Unfiltered and aged for 9 months before it leaves the brewery--not for the faint of heart. I2PA is brewed with two-row Pipkin Pale malts, Saaz, Cascade and Northwest Golding hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ravidesai (947) - Bombay, INDIA - APR 25, 2002
good well crafted IPA. copper colour, frothy head. floral nose with a pungent biting hoppy taste. while an overall good beer it was not as assertive as I expected for a Rogue IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Suttree (5186) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - APR 1, 2002
Good, not great. Obviously very hoppy, but somehow lacking. Though similiar, I actually like Brutal Bitter much better.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jcalbi (378) - New Jersey, USA - APR 1, 2002
Beautiful copper color with a lovely and invitingly sweet aroma. Full malty body with a hop betterness that slowly creeps up on you from behind( or as my lovely wife put it’regurgitatedly bitter taste!’). Hey, I loved it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Brewmaster (168) - USA - FEB 24, 2002
I was expecting much better from Rogue, so was a little disapointed. But a decent IPA

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ttboy8099 (73) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - FEB 18, 2002
Really strong for an IPA, but I could drink it on occasion.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
ChrisBeest (43) - Corvallis, Oregon, USA - FEB 18, 2002
WOW, very rich for a pale, yet good taste, certianly not my favorite from Rogue

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
HammerheadPDX99 (6) - USA - DEC 24, 2001 does not count
I2PA is outstanding. I wish it was available in a bottle larger than 7 oz.. I have several bottles that I’m saving. If you are ever in Newport Oregon stop by the Rogue Brewery... You can walk right through the brewery into the store and go upstairs for a fresh beer.. You can’t go wrong with a Rogue Ale!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
legion242 (2228) - Richardson, Texas, USA - SEP 28, 2001
Yummy and chewy. This was a real find. Unfortunately I had a 22oz bottle from the brewery instead of the 7oz and I drank the whole thing by myself. My head still doesn’t forgive me.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
pauliefrog99 (302) - FLINT, Michigan, USA - SEP 21, 2001
Thick,Rich,Malty, strong ciitrusy aftertate good stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
fraternie (826) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - AUG 18, 2001
UPDATED: JUN 7, 2010 Decent but not overwhelmingly flavorful inital malt followed by a barrage of bitterness. A little too hoppy and overall disappointing for this brewery. Re-rate 3/16/03: Had out of the bottle and seemed a little better balanced--some nice malty caramel flavors as well as some fruitiness. Very hoppy still. Re-rate 6/1/10: Sweet with golden apple, grapefruit and pear citrus, floral and aromatic, leading into a crisp hop backbone. Abv covered well, a bit metallic.