overall

RATINGS: 1338   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.82   IBU: 74   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
Above and beyond an India Pale Ale--I2PA is radically hopped with an intense aroma and hop bitterness. Unfiltered and aged for 9 months before it leaves the brewery--not for the faint of heart. I2PA is brewed with two-row Pipkin Pale malts, Saaz, Cascade and Northwest Golding hops.

mribm (457) - Ocala, Florida, USA - SEP 18, 2002
One of the greatest beers Ive had. Very expensive in my area (@ $20.00 per 6-pack), so it will be only for special occasions. I LOVE hops and this beer proudly displays a ton of them!

VTDeerHunter (51) - Vermont, USA - JUN 4, 2003
Nice, lightly hazy, orange color with a thick head. I can smell the hops from a couple feet away. Rich hoppy aroma, medium body, strong hoppy flavor that stays a long time. It starts bitter sweet, with a lot of flral notes and then fades to just floral. I can definitely pick out Cascade and Saaz hops. Yum! One of the best IPAs I've had so far.

DeadGuyFrank (347) - http://westchesterbeer.com, USA - MAR 19, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 14, 2007 Oh my gosh! This is awesome, one of the best if not the best IPA I have ever tasted. Just delicious and just the right amount of extra hopiness. I am usual hestiant to get a double IPA, but this is worth a try everybody - just great!!!!

bbp182 (255) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 27, 2007
The appearance is a hazy, cloudy, light amber/orange. Nice foam and lightish tannish/cream colored foam. The aroma is fruity, citrusy hops. Little maltiness, alcohol sneeks into your nostrile. Bitter aroma also. The taste is WOW! Very BITTER! GREAT, GREAT, GREAT BITTERNESS! Well balanced. Maybe, just maybe [and you can quote me on this] the BEST Imperial IPA I have ever had. Fruity, a little malty, just enough bitter and malt to be perfectly well balanced. Alcohol sneeks in there, but not overwhelming. It sneeks in there. The aftertaste is great and lingers in your mouth. Not a bad bitter, just PERFECT!

Acknud (1078) - Morganfield, Kentucky, USA - NOV 4, 2007
What can I say? I am going against popular opinion. I rank this among the highest. Great head and lacing. Piney/citrus taste that lingers well. Bottle was cool too.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
triodes (7) - California, USA - OCT 2, 2009 does not count
One of their best products. Well made, lots of alcohol and flavor. A craft product and well loved.

HammerheadPDX99 (6) - USA - DEC 24, 2001 does not count
I2PA is outstanding. I wish it was available in a bottle larger than 7 oz.. I have several bottles that Im saving. If you are ever in Newport Oregon stop by the Rogue Brewery... You can walk right through the brewery into the store and go upstairs for a fresh beer.. You cant go wrong with a Rogue Ale!!

Braudog (5647) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - JUN 11, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 24, 2006 Rerated 2/24/06 from the ceramic swing top. Poured a beautiful orange hue with a towering head. In my original rating in June 2003 I think I was three sheets to the wind and was overpowered by the strength. As a more studious beer sampler now, I find this beer incredible. This has the perfect appearance of a beer ... with a tornadic interior culminating in the perfect rocky head. The beer is strong, to be sure. But it delivers such a beautiful texture and flavor of pine-based hop. Damn near perfect.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
rajendra82 (952) - Alpharetta, Georgia, USA - JUL 9, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 23, 2004 The appearance has the color of an alloy of copper and gold, cloudy, and finely carbonated, the head crowns way outside the goblet and makes time stand still. The aroma feels a bit subdued at first sniff until the hop oils volatilize and make your nostrils explode. The piney Cascade hops from the Pacific Northwest are clearly the stars here; however the floral Golding hops are not too shy about making themselves known. The taste is fully attenuated dry ultra bitterness with a caramel malt backbone. The beer tickles your tongue and throat and should brings tears (of joy) to the eyes of any hophead. The pacman yeast has eaten up all the malt and made it into spicy ethereal alcohol that sits in your stomach like a smoldering ember. This brew does not make any attempt at a balanced taste at all. This is an Imperial IPA to the core. Stay away, unless you are a dedicated hophead, and leave more on the shelves for me.

TheBeerCollector (633) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - JUL 13, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 14, 2004 The nicely lasting head lingers atop the hazy golden body. The aroma is in-your-face floral hoppiness and the first sip tells you why. This is a hop MONSTER! The hops linger from start to finish of every sip, lingering on the tongue, inviting you to take another taste. Truly not for the faint of heart.