overall

RATINGS: 1236   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 34   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Juniper Pale Ale: the new package for Yellow Snow Ale (winter 2004/2005). While the recipe (a pale ale infused with whole juniper berries) on the label remain the same, the name and label are new for 2005. Juniper Pale Ale is available in the classic 22-ounce bottle and on draft. Also known as Pale Rain. Measurements: 13 degrees Plato, IBU 34, Apparent Attenuation 77, Lovibond 3.2.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BennyTicklez (621) - USA - APR 23, 2004
What a flavorful, easy to drink ale. Strong hint of berries mixed in this bronze colored beer. I thought this beer was going to be some gross beer with a fancy name, but I was wrong. This beer is great!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Pigfoot (2268) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 21, 2004
Bone white head towers over a muddy amber/orange body. Aroma is citrusy, notes of orange, peach, lemon, straw, flowers. Texture is very soft, palate is pleasant, balance is good, hop presence is small. All in all, a good and delicious ale, and do I detect a hint of juniper? I should, because it's in there! Good job, Rogue, on another tasty and unique beer, but, for God's sake, watch out where those Huskies go!!!!!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ericnixon (738) - Portland, Oregon, USA - APR 19, 2004
No real head at all on top of a beautiful cloudy copper that has a rather high turbidity. Spicy nose and flavor with a light undertone of the hoppy. Pretty good. Dumb pic on the label, like all their other beers, but the beer's good so I guess it's forgivable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
maeib (8621) - Wootton, Northampton, Northamptonshire, ENGLAND - APR 9, 2004
Bottled. Hazy orange colour with a spicy aroma. The flavour is also spicy but with hoppy undertones. A drinkable beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sethdude (694) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - APR 4, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 2, 2004 Smells fresh and hoppy, with an undertone of toated malts. Flavor is a repeat of the aroma, with a pleasant bitterness and warmth going on there, as well. Very little carbonation, a good orange straw color. Good lacing. Very good example of the style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - APR 1, 2004
Aroma of hops. wow a rogue beer with hops?!? great flavor, body, and blend of malt vs hops. well balanced. solid, classic west coast pale ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
xsketchyx (184) - Oregon, USA - MAR 28, 2004
Not much to look at, slightly hazy with no head, very yellow. Hence the name. Sweet taste in the mouth with a pleasant hoppy finish. Not too bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - MAR 25, 2004
Man, I didn’t know I hadn’t rated this beer yet. I took a bomber out of the frig, sat down at the computer to wander RB and see what I had scored Yellow Show in the past…. And I hadn’t!?
LittleMonkey got me turned on to this APA. This is probably my favorite APA available here in FL. I can get it on tap at a few beer bars, which makes my life even better. Pours a gleaming bronze body and a tower of rocky white head. The aroma is dense and true with a bready and toasty Crystal and Munich malts standing out. The Crystal with a nutty and sweet character and the Munich with a more roasted offering.
I’ve gotta say that this beer is better off the tap.
IMO, The flavor is a great balance of malt and hops. I’ve got that caramel likeness and then I’ve got the grapefruit zest and piney-ness that I like in my APA’s. The palate is vivacious but oily, and the finish is long and dry. This is an always enjoyable brew!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 25, 2004
Deep hazy golden in color with a small white ehad. aroma of cirus and spice. Flavors of bread, malt,citrus and spice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Boutip (4656) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - MAR 22, 2004
Bottle – Poured a yellow brew with a nice large head with standard retention. Aroma is really sweet with nice touché of hops and malts coming out of my glass. Taste is incredible with the usual sweetness and refreshing taste of a pale ale but with added bonus of juniper berries. I love the taste of gin and I think I find here again but without the strong alcohol content. Another truly great beer from Rogue and one underrated beer in my own opinion.