RATINGS: 1333   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 34   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Juniper Pale Ale: the new package for Yellow Snow Ale (winter 2004/2005). While the recipe (a pale ale infused with whole juniper berries) on the label remain the same, the name and label are new for 2005. Juniper Pale Ale is available in the classic 22-ounce bottle and on draft. Also known as Pale Rain. Measurements: 13 degrees Plato, IBU 34, Apparent Attenuation 77, Lovibond 3.2.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
regal (23) - Ringgold,Ga., USA - JAN 19, 2005
Golden yellow color with a small white rocky head.No lacing on my glass.Strong hops smell with some malt also present.Taste had butter,caramel,grapefruity sweetness, and a malty finish.Light body with mild carbonation.Worth a try, but I will pass on this again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DerWeg (1568) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 19, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 11, 2005 YELLOW SNOW labelled bottle Hops and juniper berries integrate in a floral/grassy dry bitterness that invokes a whiff of Orval herbal bouquet. It is much less medicinal (and more approachable) than the wonderful trappist Belgian, with a balancing light malty sweetness that is totally apt. Unpretentious name. Weird bottle graphics. Good show Rogue!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
iam (369) - Mississauga, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 19, 2005
I always look forward to popping open a Rogue. This one poured a hazy honey colour with a thin head. Big floral hop and malt aroma. Sweet caramel , berry and malt taste with some roasted malt coming through.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
mustang3 (254) - Whitby, CANADA - JAN 13, 2005
This suffered a bit I think from being consumed in the immediate aftermath of double bastard. Pours out a pretty clear yellow colour. It seemed rather thin and watery. It was alright tatsing with some sweetness from the junipers but I was expecting more. Fairly standard stuff.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
brentfeesh (1208) - Mansfield, Ohio, USA - JAN 10, 2005
Hooray for me on my Birthday! I assume I’m drinking a 2004 but not quite sure. Judging from the taste I would not be surprised if this was 2003. Poured a dark and hazy yellow. The aroma has malty sweetness and lite hoppiness. Well balanced aroma actually. The flavor is (again) well balanced with grapefruit hops and sweet malt and a barley noticeable hint of juniper underneath. The body was thinner that would have liked. Sadly, this beer was not what I remembered. I recalled a stronger hop and juniper presence and a better body. This leads me to believe one of several things. I have an ill cared for bottle...I have an aged bottle (hence the lack of hop presence/juniper)...or my pallet is aging along with the rest of me. I have one other bottle, which I will rate later and I will also check back in with a new purchase.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
OKBeer (1171) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - JAN 10, 2005
22 oz. bottle. Golden colour with a mostly diminishing creamy and fizzy white head. Pine and herbal aroma. Light bready malts to start with a piny, perfumed, and resinous bitter finish. Medium bodied and juicy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
GonZoBeeR (2987) - Ste-Eulalie, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 7, 2005
Aroma:malt and full of hops Appearance:light brown orange shadow body.Small good white head Flavor:Full malty and grapefruit bitterness. good beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ubiquibeer (140) - Cleveland, USA - JAN 3, 2005
Light in color, malty dry aroma, flavor is creamy with a bitter dry finish, which I assume must be the juniper berries. Decent beer but nothing that lifted my skirt.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Lumpy (1802) - Carrollton, Texas, USA - JAN 2, 2005
Bottle. The nose reminds me very much of white butter icing. Very buttery taste that reminds me of birthday cake. Caramel, toffe, bitter hops, and butter are all represented. Bitter finish. Very, very interesting beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kevin (2159) - New Mexico, USA - JAN 2, 2005
bottle. pours a light brown with a nice white head. malt aroma with a bit of caramel. sweet toffee and caramel taste that is very nice. mild finish with a light hop and roast flavor. sticky creamy mouthfeel. enjoyable, not quite a session beer, a bit over sweet but a nice occasional beer.