overall

RATINGS: 1339   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.3/5   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 34   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Juniper Pale Ale: the new package for Yellow Snow Ale (winter 2004/2005). While the recipe (a pale ale infused with whole juniper berries) on the label remain the same, the name and label are new for 2005. Juniper Pale Ale is available in the classic 22-ounce bottle and on draft. Also known as Pale Rain. Measurements: 13 degrees Plato, IBU 34, Apparent Attenuation 77, Lovibond 3.2.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
brentfeesh (1208) - Mansfield, Ohio, USA - JAN 10, 2005
Hooray for me on my Birthday! I assume Iím drinking a 2004 but not quite sure. Judging from the taste I would not be surprised if this was 2003. Poured a dark and hazy yellow. The aroma has malty sweetness and lite hoppiness. Well balanced aroma actually. The flavor is (again) well balanced with grapefruit hops and sweet malt and a barley noticeable hint of juniper underneath. The body was thinner that would have liked. Sadly, this beer was not what I remembered. I recalled a stronger hop and juniper presence and a better body. This leads me to believe one of several things. I have an ill cared for bottle...I have an aged bottle (hence the lack of hop presence/juniper)...or my pallet is aging along with the rest of me. I have one other bottle, which I will rate later and I will also check back in with a new purchase.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
OKBeer (1171) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - JAN 10, 2005
22 oz. bottle. Golden colour with a mostly diminishing creamy and fizzy white head. Pine and herbal aroma. Light bready malts to start with a piny, perfumed, and resinous bitter finish. Medium bodied and juicy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
GonZoBeeR (3061) - ste-catherine, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 7, 2005
Aroma:malt and full of hops Appearance:light brown orange shadow body.Small good white head Flavor:Full malty and grapefruit bitterness. good beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ubiquibeer (140) - Cleveland, USA - JAN 3, 2005
Light in color, malty dry aroma, flavor is creamy with a bitter dry finish, which I assume must be the juniper berries. Decent beer but nothing that lifted my skirt.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Lumpy (1802) - Carrollton, Texas, USA - JAN 2, 2005
Bottle. The nose reminds me very much of white butter icing. Very buttery taste that reminds me of birthday cake. Caramel, toffe, bitter hops, and butter are all represented. Bitter finish. Very, very interesting beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kevin (2192) - New Mexico, USA - JAN 2, 2005
bottle. pours a light brown with a nice white head. malt aroma with a bit of caramel. sweet toffee and caramel taste that is very nice. mild finish with a light hop and roast flavor. sticky creamy mouthfeel. enjoyable, not quite a session beer, a bit over sweet but a nice occasional beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
PrimeMinister (138) - Quebec, CANADA - JAN 2, 2005
Bottle - 650ml. An aphrodisiac orange with a shadowy body slides into the glass. As soon as the glass approached my nose, a horde of hops invested my lungs telling me right away that this is a serious beer. The first mouthful went in like a tsunami (bad joke, I admit). Citrus, flowers and fruits were invading every parts of my mouth, flooding me with a refreshing and warming bitter aftertaste. This beer is my 100th and it proved worthy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Eructoblaster (3791) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 1, 2005
Bottle - 650ml. Nice pale amber/orange body. It is lightly hazy and has a thin frothy head. Superb and complex hoppy aroma with various herbal, flowery, and fruity (mainly orange) notes. Well-balanced taste that ends with a long and lovely bitter finish. What a nice way to start a new year! Thanks Prime Minister for sharing this, and congratulations for your 100th rating!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
asheft (2925) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 26, 2004
Cloudy yellow-copper with a slight ring of head. Aroma predominantly malt and caramel with a little floral and citrusy hops and a barely perceptible fruitiness. The flavour is a perfect three-way balance of caramely malt, blended hop flavour, and hop bitterness. It says that there is juniper in this beer, but itís not in the aroma and I wouldnít have detected it in the flavour if I hadnít read the bottle. A bit of green apple. Medium body and a bit mouth coating. Overall, excellent.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
pjk33 (390) - Sligo - Curllsville Heights, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 23, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 9, 2005 Draught. Had this one on tap at Dís Hot Dog & Six pack shop. This was called Yellow Snow when I tasted it. Pours a dark yellow orange that is hazy. Nice head on it that laces well. Good hoppy aroma with some spiciness and a little sourness (the good sour). Flavor is good, like a strange IPA I guess, nice body and mouthfeel with a sweet/bitter finish. Some sort of fruity taste to this one... mangoes and grapefruit? Hell, I donít know, but I definitely like it. Pretty good balance on this one and Iíd call it another smooth brew from a great brewery.