overall

RATINGS: 1252   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.29   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 34   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
Juniper Pale Ale: the new package for Yellow Snow Ale (winter 2004/2005). While the recipe (a pale ale infused with whole juniper berries) on the label remain the same, the name and label are new for 2005. Juniper Pale Ale is available in the classic 22-ounce bottle and on draft. Also known as Pale Rain. Measurements: 13 degrees Plato, IBU 34, Apparent Attenuation 77, Lovibond 3.2.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
sethdude (699) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - APR 4, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 2, 2004 Smells fresh and hoppy, with an undertone of toated malts. Flavor is a repeat of the aroma, with a pleasant bitterness and warmth going on there, as well. Very little carbonation, a good orange straw color. Good lacing. Very good example of the style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - APR 1, 2004
Aroma of hops. wow a rogue beer with hops?!? great flavor, body, and blend of malt vs hops. well balanced. solid, classic west coast pale ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
xsketchyx (184) - Oregon, USA - MAR 28, 2004
Not much to look at, slightly hazy with no head, very yellow. Hence the name. Sweet taste in the mouth with a pleasant hoppy finish. Not too bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
matta (1140) - Tampa, Florida, USA - MAR 25, 2004
Man, I didn’t know I hadn’t rated this beer yet. I took a bomber out of the frig, sat down at the computer to wander RB and see what I had scored Yellow Show in the past…. And I hadn’t!?
LittleMonkey got me turned on to this APA. This is probably my favorite APA available here in FL. I can get it on tap at a few beer bars, which makes my life even better. Pours a gleaming bronze body and a tower of rocky white head. The aroma is dense and true with a bready and toasty Crystal and Munich malts standing out. The Crystal with a nutty and sweet character and the Munich with a more roasted offering.
I’ve gotta say that this beer is better off the tap.
IMO, The flavor is a great balance of malt and hops. I’ve got that caramel likeness and then I’ve got the grapefruit zest and piney-ness that I like in my APA’s. The palate is vivacious but oily, and the finish is long and dry. This is an always enjoyable brew!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - MAR 25, 2004
Deep hazy golden in color with a small white ehad. aroma of cirus and spice. Flavors of bread, malt,citrus and spice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Boutip (4738) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - MAR 22, 2004
Bottle – Poured a yellow brew with a nice large head with standard retention. Aroma is really sweet with nice touché of hops and malts coming out of my glass. Taste is incredible with the usual sweetness and refreshing taste of a pale ale but with added bonus of juniper berries. I love the taste of gin and I think I find here again but without the strong alcohol content. Another truly great beer from Rogue and one underrated beer in my own opinion.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
frankR (145) - Davis, California, USA - MAR 20, 2004
UPDATED: APR 3, 2004 2002 release: Thick lasting white foamy head. Liquid is cloudy "yellow snow" color. Nose is malty, some hops present. Flavor starts with some malts and transitions to mild pine hops with a hint of juniper berries. Palate is bit on the watery side. Needs more quantities of everything.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
envane (567) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAR 19, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 27, 2005 5/2005 Rerate: Juniper flavour way more up front here. The junipers are barely perceptable, so what you are left with is a rather dry, citrusy APA. And there are better and easier to find APA’s out there.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Nuffield (3691) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - MAR 16, 2004
Amber-yellow color. Dusty aroma. Simple, basic session beer. Fruity sweetness strikes my tastebuds after I swallow. Some dry bitterness in the finish. Nothing too exceptional. (on tap at Rogue Ales Public House, Portland)

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MrManning (2009) - Hamilton, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 9, 2004
Every now and again, you come accross a beer that blows your mind. This is one of those beers. Dark gold body with a small head. Aromas of hops and citrus that are really balanced very well. Taste is slightly hoppy with some nice bitterness in the back of the throat. Big thanks to Doug Shoemaker for hooking me up with this one!