overall
Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 919   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 144   ABV: 4.8%
The delicate flavor of our roasted Soba brings a nutty finish to this light and refreshing ale. A perfect accompaniment to lighter cuisine. 8 Ingredients: Malts: Roasted Soba, Harrington, Metcalf, Munich & C-15. Hops: Crystal. Yeast & Water: Rogue’s Pacman Yeast & Free Range Coas tal Water. Specs: 12º PLATO 30 IBU 75 AA 14º Lovibond

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jjw2000 (72) - USA - APR 26, 2003
Full hoppy aroma. Light golden color with large white head. Smooth flavor with medium body. Flavor begins somewhat tangy and a bit sweet. Tapers to a full, roasted, mildly hoppy, somewhat dry finish. Lost carbonation rather quickly.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Blake (396) - Orange, California, USA - APR 26, 2003
Had from bottle on April 18, 2003 at the Suffed Sandwich
I was not impressed with this beer at all. I'm usually a fan of wheats, but the beer just didn't do it for me. There's a few hints of spices and grain, with a sweet taste that goes well with the hops, but the flavor is weak and uninspiring.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
iguanatom (24) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - APR 2, 2003
Not bad for a wheat beer. I'm more of a stout fan, but this wheat has a sweet taste with a smattering of nut. I was not as impressed with this Rogue as I was with some of their others, but it could be in large part to my enjoyment of the darker flavors.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
ConiseurofBeer (242) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 27, 2003
Out of the Rainbow Rogue variety pack, I think this was my favorite (maybe the mocha porter). Real unique sweet malt and buckwheat flavor. I really enjoyed this one. Very drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Shag (2559) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - MAR 23, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 21, 2003 A hoppy German wheat beer with a hint of citrus in it. I am not a big fan of wheat beers in general but I guess if you like the style you might be into it. Otherwise decent and with this sitting along side of other Rogues, definitley choose something else.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Dougal (130) - Escondido, California, USA - MAR 11, 2003
Looks like it might offer some competition to a good weizen, but it doesn't. Too hoppy (the way the Rogues like 'em up there) and not malty enough.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jpfrog (130) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAR 11, 2003
Yellow with a hint of orange. Lots O' Bubbles. A decent head that doesn't last long. Smells like a pale ale with some malts and some hops. I guess it just smells balanced, almost flowery. Nice hop bitterness on the tip of the tongue that quickly fades to a malty sweetnes in the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
baobubba (455) - Starkville, Mississippi, USA - FEB 18, 2003
Cloudy reddish yellow, white head. Nutty, almost buttery aroma. Semi-dry with a slight bitter finish. Interesting stuff, I enjoyed it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeaverBrown (245) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 17, 2003
Dark yellow in color, nontransparent. Bitter and nutty flavor with sediment at bottom.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
microdyke (360) - Portland, Oregon, USA - FEB 16, 2003
This poured a very dark gold color and cloudy. The head is nice and foamy, soft and white. It last through the whole beer. Aroma of fruity citrus, hops and slight malts. The flavor hits me almost nutty at first and then some citrus, hops and malts. As it warms it gets some caramel flavors. I am actually surprised this is not rated higher. I really enjoyed it, as I enjoy most everything from Rogue.