overall
Brewed by Rogue Ales
Style: Smoked
Newport, Oregon USA

RATINGS: 704   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.9   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
13 Ingredients: Briess Cherrywood Smoked Malt, Weyermann Beechwood Smoked Malt, House-smoked Hickory Malt, Great Western 2 Row, Munich, C15, C75 Malts; Applewood-Smoked Bacon, Pure Maple Flavoring, Rogue Micro Hopyard Revolution & Independent Hops, Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast Specs: 14º PLATO 30 IBU 76 AA 30º Lovibond World Class Package: 750ml painted bottle.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Nsanders (490) - St Paul, Minnesota, USA - JUN 1, 2012
Reddish orange with a thin white head. Aroma of hickory smoked bacon, maple syrup, sugar, smoke, and apple. Very sweet and savory smoke flavor. Light to medium body, would have been better as a thicker bodied beer. Novel, but wouldn’t try again. Points for being first bacon beer encountered.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Nightsky (176) - Lutz, Florida, USA - JUN 1, 2012
The aroma immediately reminds me of breakfast. Light amber color, slightly hazy. Thin head. Begins with a smokey taste and finishes with a very strong maple flavor. Not my everyday beer but it wasn't bad. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jnkor (316) - Tampa, Florida, USA - JUN 1, 2012
Aroma is very smoky and woody - kinda reminds me of smoked maple. Taste is not exactly sweet, but has all the edge of a grade b syrup but missing sugar. Small carbonation gives it a frothy palate. After taste is probably my favorite quality - it truly tastes like I have been eating maple bacon.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GothGargoyle (1167) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 31, 2012
Cloudy orange with a small pale head. Aroma is smoke, maple syrup, sugar, cotton candy, wood. Somewhat thin on the palate, starts almost sickly sweet then a whole bunch of smoke kicks in. Taste is smoke, maple syrup, toffee, burnt wood. Interesting to try but not something I’d really drink again.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
beergodd1 (400) - Conneaut, Ohio, USA - MAY 31, 2012
Now to see what all the "Non-Hype" is about this beer, all I heard is bad things, and me and 3 other friends are not excited to try it. Maple and slight smoke jump out of glass. Pours slightly hazy copper with thin white head. Tastes like Pancakes....smells like pancakes. Smooth beer, really easy drinking. Just makes me want breakfast. Not much smoke in the taste, but the malt and maple together is quite nice. Actually a nice surprise. I may be looking for more of this.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
burg326 (3667) - Florida, USA - MAY 30, 2012
22 ounce bottle poured a light hazy amber color, with aromas of smoke, bacon, maple, and sweet malt. Flavors are the same, has the mouthfeel of watered down maple syrup, and had light bacon/smoke throughout. Really sweet overall.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
blipp (6072) - Newark, New Jersey, USA - MAY 28, 2012
Bottle at James’ place. Pours amber with an off white head. Bacon and maple sugar aroma, with some light salty notes. The flavor is pretty bizarre, with maple syrup, smoky cigarette-like notes, and bacon. Can’t say I really enjoyed it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
banyangod (2) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 28, 2012 does not count
UPDATED: AUG 16, 2012 Great dark amber color. Aroma is a bit sweet. Taste is not as sweet as expected bit I cannot find any notes of Bacon. Slightly hoppy. I love Rogue but overall this is just ok. I have had much worse before.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Lobotomy (5) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 28, 2012 does not count
From pink bottle into belgian beer glass. Aroma is of strong sweet maple syrup. Appearance is a dark amber and poured with a thick head. Head dissipated in about 2 minutes. Taste was disappointing, not as sweet as the aroma. I do not taste any bacon, just a hop bitterness and the slight sweetness of maple syrup. Overall, it grew on me a little as I drank it, but not enough to make me say that I like this beer or that I would drink it again. If you have the chance to try it, do it. It’s interesting to say the least. I would not waste time seeking it out, though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Arayaga2 (1778) - portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 27, 2012
Hazy orange grease color. Aroma is maple syrup and bacon, straight up. Bandaidy phenolics spearhead the malt profile with the residual syrup sweetness. Less viscous than expected. Free at rogue. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone