Brewed by Rogue Ales
Style: Smoked
Newport, Oregon USA

RATINGS: 720   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.9   IBU: 30   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
13 Ingredients: Briess Cherrywood Smoked Malt, Weyermann Beechwood Smoked Malt, House-smoked Hickory Malt, Great Western 2 Row, Munich, C15, C75 Malts; Applewood-Smoked Bacon, Pure Maple Flavoring, Rogue Micro Hopyard Revolution & Independent Hops, Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast Specs: 14º PLATO 30 IBU 76 AA 30º Lovibond World Class Package: 750ml painted bottle.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
beergodd1 (400) - Conneaut, Ohio, USA - MAY 31, 2012
Now to see what all the "Non-Hype" is about this beer, all I heard is bad things, and me and 3 other friends are not excited to try it. Maple and slight smoke jump out of glass. Pours slightly hazy copper with thin white head. Tastes like Pancakes....smells like pancakes. Smooth beer, really easy drinking. Just makes me want breakfast. Not much smoke in the taste, but the malt and maple together is quite nice. Actually a nice surprise. I may be looking for more of this.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
burg326 (4809) - Florida, USA - MAY 30, 2012
22 ounce bottle poured a light hazy amber color, with aromas of smoke, bacon, maple, and sweet malt. Flavors are the same, has the mouthfeel of watered down maple syrup, and had light bacon/smoke throughout. Really sweet overall.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
blipp (7182) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 28, 2012
Bottle at James’ place. Pours amber with an off white head. Bacon and maple sugar aroma, with some light salty notes. The flavor is pretty bizarre, with maple syrup, smoky cigarette-like notes, and bacon. Can’t say I really enjoyed it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
banyangod (2) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 28, 2012 does not count
UPDATED: AUG 16, 2012 Great dark amber color. Aroma is a bit sweet. Taste is not as sweet as expected bit I cannot find any notes of Bacon. Slightly hoppy. I love Rogue but overall this is just ok. I have had much worse before.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Lobotomy (5) - New Jersey, USA - MAY 28, 2012 does not count
From pink bottle into belgian beer glass. Aroma is of strong sweet maple syrup. Appearance is a dark amber and poured with a thick head. Head dissipated in about 2 minutes. Taste was disappointing, not as sweet as the aroma. I do not taste any bacon, just a hop bitterness and the slight sweetness of maple syrup. Overall, it grew on me a little as I drank it, but not enough to make me say that I like this beer or that I would drink it again. If you have the chance to try it, do it. It’s interesting to say the least. I would not waste time seeking it out, though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Arayaga2 (1930) - portland, Oregon, USA - MAY 27, 2012
Hazy orange grease color. Aroma is maple syrup and bacon, straight up. Bandaidy phenolics spearhead the malt profile with the residual syrup sweetness. Less viscous than expected. Free at rogue. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
nittanyjim (79) - - MAY 27, 2012
Light amber, slightly cloudy. Light head, dissipates quickly, but leaves a decent lacing. Strong maple syrup nose with a hint of bacon. Maple syrup taste, mixed with smokiness...and a touch of bacon. Some mild bittering hops, fading to a weak smoky sweetness. Oily-smooth mouthful...light carbonation.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
scotchzi (302) - Florida, USA - MAY 25, 2012
The pour is light amber mild fizzy head. Smell is okay slightly smoke but mostly sweet and syrupy, but oh my god that taste is awful it taste like i smoked a cigarette put it out in my cheap syrup loaded pancakes then ate my cigarette but.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
jbruner (3032) - Athens, Georgia, USA - MAY 24, 2012
Pours a murky copper from the bottle with a good off white head and light lacing. Smell is all maple, kind of like pancake syrup. Taste is the maple up front, a little bit of smoked flavor and woodiness in the middle, then an interesting spicy finish. Clean on the palate, but a little too much going on.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
AndersonGT (7) - Maryland, USA - MAY 21, 2012 does not count
Bacon, bacon, bacon!!!!! At first I was like wow, bacon. After one 8 oz. pour I was like.....bacon....and the last? I will not have another! Only good gor one 8 oz. pour a week.