Rohrbach Javas Espresso Stout

RATINGS: 5   MEAN: 3.52/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.33   ABV: -

GTown's rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
GTown (127) - New York, USA - MAR 5, 2007
Draught at Monty’s Krown. Pours dark brown with a tan creamy head. Strong lacing. Aroma is subdued with respect to the espresso. Flavor is somewhat mulled. I believe Blue Mountain or Sumatran selections would elevate this beer. The abv is 4.6% and the orig grav is 1.045. Lastly, this beer is a DRY STOUT.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ron (2344) - Rochester, New York, USA - MAR 10, 2007
My friends chose the wrong time to buy this beer for me. I was watching the closing seconds on the WVU/Louy Big East game when this was delivered. JB tried to get me to check out the nitro just as Louy was tying the game to put it into OT. I saw a second of the nitro show, pretty cool. I’m not a big coffee fan, but the mix of chocolate/coffee provided a great aroma. The flavor was the same with a big thick palate. I’m surprised I enjoyed this beer so much.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jb (2055) - Rochester, New York, USA - MAR 8, 2007
As everyone else said, this is a great looking beer! Had the look of a nitro pour and the bartender confirmed this. She also said this is a 5.5% alc. beer and a small amount of espresso beans have been added. I agree on the dry stout comment too. Anyways, the aroma is mostly coffee, the palate is milk chocolaty, with some bourbon. It has a nice creamy feel to it, though is a bit light for a stout.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Tanker12 (173) - USA - FEB 2, 2006
Was definatly not expecting something this good. The look alone makes this beer. I had sip lines half way down the cup from where the top of the head had been. Thankfully the taste lived up to the looks. only complaint was i could still taste the coffee a good time after in my mouth. other than that an exceptional beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
zach8270 (3217) - Henrietta, New York, USA - JAN 24, 2006
(nitro draft @ Rohrbach Brewing Company - Ogden, NY) Black pour with a thick tan head that took a few minutes to settle. Looks absolutely gorgeous. Aroma is chock full of chocolate malts and coffee. The taste began with a thin chocolate taste followed up by a nice roasty flavor and a slightly bitter coffee finish. Very rich and creamy. I’m going back for more of this.