Roy Pitz Lovitz Watermelon Lager
     click to upload
overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 36   MEAN: 3.04/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
This summertime lager is both smooth and refreshing as soon as it hits the lips. We take so much pride in it because there is truly nothing else like it on the market. We brew this American Style Lager beer with three types of malt: pilsner, pale and carafoam which enhance the head retention of this beer. We then gingerly scatter some very light floral hops at the beginning to give it some esters and sweetness that compliment the watermelon. The true magic of this beer does not occur in the brewing process but in the conditioning vessel. This is where we add the best farm fresh local watermelon and than push the beer into it, allowing it to sit and saturate for a few weeks. By the time it is complete, we are left with a unbelievably smooth tasting beer with a beautiful aroma and subtle taste of watermelon that imparts its way into this already crisp lager. Truly our customers' favorite, this one will have you reaching for another glass soon after you put the first one down.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
boamr (309) - Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 24, 2009
On tap at the Liberty. Pours a light yellow. Taste was horrible. If I didnít know any better I swear it was brewed with dirty laundry. Would never order again

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
taffurs888 (124) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 15, 2012
Excellent beer for our a hot day. Crisp, watermelony and refreshing. Aroma is roasted corn with a slight watermelon hint. Taste is very even with just a hint of sweetness and watermelon. Did I say drinkable?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
HopHead7 (28) - - JAN 9, 2012
Crisp aromas, fruity and grassy. Not a lot of hop aroma present. Pours semi-golden with a light head. Body is light, flavor of melons and grass with some malt notes. Overall it is a crisp and light beer but I did not care for the flavors. Had a growler of it that I got on tap at the brewery.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
tucsonsam (24) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - AUG 28, 2009
Tried this at Millvale Brewfest. The watermelon taste was a bit sweet. poured a nice yellow but didnít have a good finish. I love fruit beers but this one didnít leave me wanting another.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
icky09 (14) - - JUN 5, 2012
A unique fruit beer, not being a huge fruit beer fan Iím not a fan. I was at the brewery and figured I would give it a go. I am sure some will love it but itís not for me.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Hughes88 (1) - , Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 11, 2008 does not count
Draft at Market Cross: I was a little scared of the fruit - especially watermelon, but I thought it was refershing a crisp without being watermeloned to death. Had two pints and would likely order it wherever I go if it’s offered. New brewery with potential.