Roy Pitz Lovitz Watermelon Lager
     click to upload
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 42   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.99/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
This summertime lager is both smooth and refreshing as soon as it hits the lips. We take so much pride in it because there is truly nothing else like it on the market. We brew this American Style Lager beer with three types of malt: pilsner, pale and carafoam which enhance the head retention of this beer. We then gingerly scatter some very light floral hops at the beginning to give it some esters and sweetness that compliment the watermelon. The true magic of this beer does not occur in the brewing process but in the conditioning vessel. This is where we add the best farm fresh local watermelon and than push the beer into it, allowing it to sit and saturate for a few weeks. By the time it is complete, we are left with a unbelievably smooth tasting beer with a beautiful aroma and subtle taste of watermelon that imparts its way into this already crisp lager. Truly our customers' favorite, this one will have you reaching for another glass soon after you put the first one down.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
jehoey (765) - Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 29, 2008
UPDATED: JUL 21, 2008 sampled at the brewery: pours a hazy orange color a shade darker than a hefe-weisee, head is two fingers when poured but then goes down to a thick film across the top. This is an interesting beer, like nothing I’ve ever had. earthy, farm flavors emanate from the cloudy beer recalling a summer drive through the country. flavor is light base malt, lots of fresh watermelon, and a bit of sulfur. light in body. A beer that is worth a try re-rate: clean mallty light lager. dry, natural watermelon in the finish. sulfar has cleaned up, solid, interesting and creative.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
BeerGestapo (754) - Mt.Joy, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 28, 2008
Brewed in the USA !!! (KSBF) Pours a hazy yellow color with a small white head. Aroma of light watermelon and some malts. Taste is much of the same with the addition of grains. Overall, It was very mild but could be nice on a sunny day.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
TheCaptain (613) - Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 13, 2008
KSBF 08-Poured a pale gold color thin white head. Light watermelon aroma which carries into the pallet. Lightly malted and a bit of hops. Smooth-crisp and refreshing. Not bad for a fruit beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Miver (609) - Silver Spring, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 30, 2008
On tap at Capones. Poured gold in color with a small beige ring of head. Aroma was of strong earthy watermelon. The aroma of watermelon In general I don’t find very pleasant so I was a bit scared to try this. Tastes of watermelon and lager if you can imagine that. The taste is a little earthy, but fruity with watermelon. I found this quite refreshing and much better than I expected. New brewery stepping out of the box. Kudos.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ljay6880 (475) - , Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 3, 2009
On Tap at Capone’s. Poured a light yellow with a very slight pink hue. The head was thin, white and extremely wispy. Nose was light malts, light citrus, and mostly watermelon. Taste was similar to a very light, fizzy mixed drink. It tasted like a light lager with a watermelon zest. This was another odd brew that was very carbonated, almost to the point of coming off as a wine cooler. It was much better than I expected, but the fizzy body would prevent me from ever drinking much of it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
boamr (310) - Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 24, 2009
On tap at the Liberty. Pours a light yellow. Taste was horrible. If I didn’t know any better I swear it was brewed with dirty laundry. Would never order again

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ryanhunter_4 (128) - La Crete, Alberta, CANADA - JUL 5, 2015
12 ounce bottle poured at my grandparent’s in Carlisle, PA. Pours a clear golden with a slight white head. Doesn’t really have a lot of smell. Tastes like watermelon. Decent little summer beer. Drinkable.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
taffurs888 (124) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 15, 2012
Excellent beer for our a hot day. Crisp, watermelony and refreshing. Aroma is roasted corn with a slight watermelon hint. Taste is very even with just a hint of sweetness and watermelon. Did I say drinkable?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
HopHead7 (28) - - JAN 9, 2012
Crisp aromas, fruity and grassy. Not a lot of hop aroma present. Pours semi-golden with a light head. Body is light, flavor of melons and grass with some malt notes. Overall it is a crisp and light beer but I did not care for the flavors. Had a growler of it that I got on tap at the brewery.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
tucsonsam (24) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - AUG 28, 2009
Tried this at Millvale Brewfest. The watermelon taste was a bit sweet. poured a nice yellow but didn’t have a good finish. I love fruit beers but this one didn’t leave me wanting another.