overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 1105   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.14   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Ale with currants added and aged in oak barrels.

When we made the Toronado’s 20th Anniversary Ale, we had no idea that it would turn out to be one of our favorite barrel aged beers we would ever make. With that said, we have always wanted to make a dark barrel aged beer using 100% Cabernet Sauvignon barrels but, we never were inspired. That is, until we blended five different beers to make the Toronado beer, the tobacco character from the the dark malts blended nicely with the furit character that developed in blending. So, with Concescration we set out to make a barrel beer using all Cabernet Sauvignon barrels. No, we are not saying that this is a replica of the T-rooms anniversary beer, after all, a beer like that can never be duplicated, and, there was no fruit added to that beer as there is with this one. All we are saying is that it gave us great inspiration to brew Consecration.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - MAY 26, 2009
Bottle from Aplusbreaks, sampled at March Houston tasting. Thanks, dude! Pours a deep mahogany with a lil’ ol’ head and an aroma of oaky dark fruits and an old cedar house. Flavor is a rush of sour dark fruits with thin, whispery hints of alcohol. Tingly and lasting mouthfeel. Great, great brew; Bleeng thinks it would benefit from barrel aging, post-barrel aging. Thanks, Austin!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
rayg1 (541) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - MAY 25, 2009
A really rare gem that my buddy Ross shared with me, thanks a lot man I would never have gotten my hands on this otherwise. Pours out a deep brown with a nice tan colored head that was minimal but remained throughout the entire glass. Aroma is pungent of tart and puckering sour funk but has a hint of sweet blackberry that rounds it out. Sour taste that is very nice, tart currants shine here. The sourness is rounded out by a full oak flavor and a hint of sugar. Carbonation is very nice but not too much, leaves the tongue with a slight tingle. Very nice beer, good job to the Russian River guys, you did it again. Thanks again Ross.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
WinoInTraining (109) - Longmont, Colorado, USA - MAY 24, 2009
I don;t know why, but this is the first sour I’ve tried That has just completely blown me away. Constantly evolving as it warmed. Think, strawberry milkshake meets, tart cherries. Expansive on the pallate, ligering. I found myself wanting another bottle after the first was gone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
tokyogoat (1503) - San Diego, California, USA - MAY 23, 2009
Pours a ruby brown with a small head that falls and leaves no halo or lacing. Color is very deep. Nose is heavy on sweet cherries, currants, red and stone fruits. Taste is very smooth for a sour. Pretty acidic, but lots of the currant and stone fruit flavors still shine through. Very well balanced with all of the sour components.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jcwattsrugger (11071) - Florida and, New Jersey, USA - MAY 22, 2009
750ml bottle Batch 001x2-pours a Styrofoam light tan head that dissipates and mahogany color. Aroma is tart berries/vinegar, wood, sweet medium malt-brown sugar. Taste is tart berries/vinegar, wood, sweet medium malt-brown sugar, funky yeast. To style very well done. To my taste, nice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Tweety (377) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 21, 2009
This one was a little too tart and pungent for me. Very tasty, nonetheless, I was hoping to get a lot more fruit out of it than I did. A little bit disappointing, but quite good nonetheless.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
JK (4349) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - MAY 19, 2009
Batch 001. This is an incredible beer. Full of flavor with a great aroma. Light red color, with an aroma that is full of yeast and acid. Very sour. Delicious, full flavor. Full oak, which lends dryness. Fruit, sugar, cognac, and red wine tannins. It is rare for me to give a beer such a high score for flavor, but this one deserves it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
BuckeyeBoy (2607) - Boise, Idaho, USA - MAY 19, 2009
Bottle Pours out a dark amber topped with a off white head. Aroma was nice lots of fruit, berries, and some citrus. Tast was very good. More of the fruit, Berries and apples. Some oak and a nice tart. A tasty treat I got to enjoy 2X. Thanks to Sam and Toby.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
cprochak (590) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 19, 2009
UPDATED: AUG 31, 2009 On tap at the brewpub on 6/30/09. Poured a beautiful dark burgundy with a cream head. Mild aroma with hints of berries. There is a mild sweet flavor, but ultimately the sour brett and currants take over. This has great flavor, with touches of sweetness, then a very well balanced bitter finish. The hype is worth it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
kimcgolf (872) - Dacula, Georgia, USA - MAY 19, 2009
On tap at RR in Santa Rosa. Poured in a short glass to a cloudy brownish-ornage with medium thick off-white head that lingers well and leaves okay lacing. Nose is sour red fruit and hops, mouthfeel thick and tangy-sweet and the taste a perrfect follow to the scents in the nose, with some alcohol added in at mid-glass. Like a good Flemish Sour, the finish was long and a rush of tangy fruit, quickly followed by a warming sugar sweetness. Not quite the Duchesse, but a damn good Sour.