overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 1112   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.14   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Ale with currants added and aged in oak barrels.

When we made the Toronado’s 20th Anniversary Ale, we had no idea that it would turn out to be one of our favorite barrel aged beers we would ever make. With that said, we have always wanted to make a dark barrel aged beer using 100% Cabernet Sauvignon barrels but, we never were inspired. That is, until we blended five different beers to make the Toronado beer, the tobacco character from the the dark malts blended nicely with the furit character that developed in blending. So, with Concescration we set out to make a barrel beer using all Cabernet Sauvignon barrels. No, we are not saying that this is a replica of the T-rooms anniversary beer, after all, a beer like that can never be duplicated, and, there was no fruit added to that beer as there is with this one. All we are saying is that it gave us great inspiration to brew Consecration.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
moelikebeer (221) - St. Paul, Minnesota, USA - MAY 16, 2009
Bottle. Hell yeah! I’ve needed something like this for a while. Dark amber/brown pour with a medium head that faded quickly. Great aroma and taste. Obviously sour, though not over the top. Dark fruit, apple, and some nice red wine notes. Slightly dry finish. Mmmmm. Wow! Just noticed this was 10%. Definitely would not have guessed it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
malrubius (1647) - Willowick, Ohio, USA - MAY 15, 2009
UPDATED: JUN 25, 2009 Bottle at RnH Drink for Charity. Thanks to everyone who brought great beer to this. Reddish brown with flat head. Funky tart sour fruit and brown sugar aroma. Sour cherries brown sugar earth and wood . Nice lively effervescent carbo. This was absolutely unbelievable. The perfect sweet and sour balance. No alcohol presence. I had no idea it was ten percent! One of the best beers I’ve had.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
holdenn (2078) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - MAY 15, 2009
UPDATED: MAR 5, 2010 Big thanks to andrew for sharing this one. Pours brown with a red tint and a creamy beige head. Cherries, dried fruit, sour fruit, and touch of chocolate in the aroma. Fizzy carbonation leading to the cherries, dark fruit, syrupy malts with bitter chocolate malts. Heavy on the dark fruits. The fruit and malt come together really well. Nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
alraicercsu (166) - Ft.Collins, Colorado, USA - MAY 14, 2009
Bottle. Poured a dark amber with a little beige head. Smells of fruit and tartness. Taste is sour with oak and dark fruit.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
BgThang (126) - Texas, USA - MAY 14, 2009
This beer is my favorite style. I am kicking myself in the ass for even trying it. Now I cant get enough of it. I want more. At 25 a bottle its a bit ridiculous. The sour on this is well balanced. cherries, lemon, sour grape. Its all there. roll it around your tongue for some great puckering action. must try for sour beer lovers

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jake65 (2593) - Williston, North Dakota, USA - MAY 13, 2009
Bottle: Very deep amber with a finger of creamy beige head. Aroma is sweet, fruity, and tart. Has that ba sour smell for sure. Deeply tart and sour, oak barrel, and tons of vinous fruit. Dry, lingering pucker finish. Good, but under my expectations.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
j12601 (6584) - Poughkeepsie, New York, USA - MAY 12, 2009
Bottle at the “Drink for Charity” event at Rattle & Hum. I was quite excited about this as the last time I had a chance to try it… I missed out. Pours a lovely ruby brown without any head. Smells amazing. Wine cork, funk, red wine. Great carbonation on here. Tangy and lightly sour, with a bit of sweetness coming through. Excellently balanced. Finishes smoothly with a light bit more funk. Absolutely delicious. One of my favorites on the day.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jeremytoni (2948) - Swedesboro, New Jersey, USA - MAY 11, 2009
From a bottle poured brown with a good amount of head. Nice tart smell and flavor with a lingering aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dogfish120love (917) - Westfield, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 10, 2009
Pours a dark brownish red with a light boron egg shell colored head. Highly carbonated, I’m guessing from the champagne yeast. A nice sour blend with distinguished oak flavors and a vinegar esc taste from the cabernet barrels. Berries and oak accompanied by some funkyness.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Petrucci914 (910) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 8, 2009
Thank to TheCheeseMan for this! Pours an amber color with a medium white head, with little to no lacing. Aroma is very pungent with some sour funk, and some grapes from the Cabernet, along with some oak. Taste is sour funk, grape, oak, with a relatively smooth mouthfeel with some toffee-type characteristics in there. A tastey, and thick sour!