overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 1142   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.13   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Ale with currants added and aged in oak barrels.

When we made the Toronado’s 20th Anniversary Ale, we had no idea that it would turn out to be one of our favorite barrel aged beers we would ever make. With that said, we have always wanted to make a dark barrel aged beer using 100% Cabernet Sauvignon barrels but, we never were inspired. That is, until we blended five different beers to make the Toronado beer, the tobacco character from the the dark malts blended nicely with the furit character that developed in blending. So, with Concescration we set out to make a barrel beer using all Cabernet Sauvignon barrels. No, we are not saying that this is a replica of the T-rooms anniversary beer, after all, a beer like that can never be duplicated, and, there was no fruit added to that beer as there is with this one. All we are saying is that it gave us great inspiration to brew Consecration.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Juelze (1139) - Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 8, 2009
Thanks for my brother for sharing this and the Cheeseman for hooking him up!!! Pours a rusty brown color with minimal white head. Aroma is of wood, red wine, grapes, some dark fruit and light tobacco. Taste is wood, red wine, yeast, alcohol and dark fruit. Finishes clean but the pino seems to lend to a dry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ungstrup (29850) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - MAY 8, 2009
Bottled. An unclear dark amber beer with an orangey head. The aroma is sour with notes of fruit, berries, and wood. The flavor is very sour with notes of berries and lighter notes of wood, leading to a dry and tart finish. The alcohol leaves a slight burn on the palate.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
petematte46 (330) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAY 6, 2009
Pours a clear dark reddish-brown with a white ring. Huge sour aroma, of fruit and malt, cherries, lemons. Huge crisp sour taste, lots of fruit, cherries and currants, a hint of sweetness, and red wine

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Gypsy19 (726) - California, USA - MAY 6, 2009
Batch 001x1. Pours a medium to dark brown, opaque, with a smaller head that reduces to a thin lacing. Aroma is indeed sour, slightly fruity, slightly floral, and of brown sugar. Flavor is very tart all the way through, and overpoweringly so. There is some sweetness and cherry/berry underneath the sourness, as well as breadiness, yeast. Pretty Belgian in character outside of the tart. You can also taste the wine cask the more you drink it. Very acidic; I feel like this is eroding the enamel off my teeth. Mouthfeel I found quite nice: Good medium carbonation and medium viscosity. Nice chest warmth if you need it. Not my favorite style so far, but still pretty enjoyable after all is said and done. Overall, very good minus.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
josephselander (42) - Salem, Oregon, USA - MAY 6, 2009
This is batch 001x3. Appearance - Pours a beautiful dark mahogany color that absolutely shines when held up to the light. A light cream colored head rises up about half a finger and recedes to a small ringaround the edge. Smell - Tart dark cherry, definitely a lot of wine coming through in a big way. It has a real, clean smell to it, like its, perfect? It is just an amazing smell, hard to describe with the right words. Taste - This is my first real sour, so the fact that it is sour comes out the most first. It didn’t hit me like a freight train though, it was, refreshing! This is hard to explain, like the smell. Whatever those Bretts and other bacterias and yeasts are contributing is something completely foreign and completely amazing at the same time to me. This tastes like a tart berry picked fresh from the bush. What kind of berry is that though? I am guessing it would have to be black currants, another new taste for me. Mouthfeel - Wow, it is light, and it is perfectly carbonated. This is the kind of brew that I have been waiting for. It tickles the end of your tongue with every sip. It feels like it coats the mouth without giving you that feeling that it just won’t go away. Drinkability - I am glad this is a 750ml bottle, I will gladly drink this entire bottle to myself and wish I had more. This has opened new doors for me and I will be searching out sours in the very near future. This beer is amazing, and it is very much worth the hype. Wow. This will have to suffer from the fact I wouldn’t be able to drink another bottle if I wanted to, not really looking to get krunked over here!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Rosebud butternuts (2396) - Denton, Texas, USA - MAY 5, 2009
bottle thanks to bman1113vr. poured a dark brown with an off white head. aroma of tart cherry and dark fruit. flavor was much the same as well. had a medium body and high carbonation. i would like to have the chance to re-rate in the future.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
railcat1 (689) - Kissimmee, Florida, USA - MAY 3, 2009
Bottle,I love sours and this was excellant with a nice funky flavor that poured a nice dark red with afizzy head and nice carbonation,it had a nice strong smeel with hints of cheery and oak overall this was very enjoyable and worth the wait to try. CHEERS!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Pinball (10928) - Copenhagen, DENMARK - MAY 3, 2009
#13 at papsø blind tasting cloudy brown, large thick brown head. aroma : caramelly sour, slight alc. stable. flavor : dry, citrussy, lacto, very dry. solt of blended feel to it. acid from berries

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
illinismitty (2270) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 2, 2009
Sampled at the 2nd BA Tasting. Pours dark reddish amber, murky with a dissipating off white head. The strong aroma just flat out kicks ass- cherry, burlap, brett, and lemon. Medium bodied with a slight spritzy carbonation, and mildly sticky texture. This is loaded with lots of flavors, all melded and balanced- berry, vanilla, oak, caramel, and wine. The residual sweetness is just right for my tastes. The finish is acidic and sour and not overdone. People who want something over the top should just look elsewhere (buy a vintage Cantillon if you want sour bombs), and give me your bottle of this. Excellent without being extreme,

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Lothore (556) - California, USA - MAY 2, 2009
A- Pours a deep crimson color with a fizzy, off white head that fades fairly quickly. S- Smells of dark fruit, plums, raisins, currants, figs, with a hint of sourness. T- Tastes of currants, slight oaky cherry flavor and a nice funky brett flavor to round it out. M- A little overcarbonated, semi viscous and fairly creamy. D- This one was very drinkable. It definitely wasn’t a standout for me as far as russian rivers lineup goes, i’d much rather grab a temptation. At 22 dollars a bottle id venture to guess this will be the last bottle i’ll buy for a while.