overall

RATINGS: 77   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.8   EST. CALORIES: 190   ABV: 6.35%
Pale Ale Finished With Brettanomyces in the Keg.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Walt (2449) - Austin, Texas, USA - DEC 10, 2006
Wow!!!!!!!! Pour is nice slightly hazed golden with a thin sticky white head...smell was light citric pine compined with a nice funk from brett...taste was like a more hopped and more sour Orval...wonderful chewy mouthfeel and great malty flavors up front, with a slight bitter then sour finish...wow.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
dwyerpg (4637) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - NOV 6, 2006
Beer 9 at Bill and Steinyís party. And I disagree with the ratings before me. I think something was very wrong with this beer, at least when I tried it. Sour in a bad way with bad citrusy funkiness. A disappoint.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
KAME (160) - California, USA - NOV 6, 2006
On tap at Dr. Bill and Steinyís. Aroma was very similar to Pliny the Younger, and not what I was expecting given that it was a Belgian Ale. Very citrusy/honey hop profile. Flavor was smooth, but not as sour or complex as I was expecting. Overall a fine drinking brew, but not my favorite of the RR selection that day.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
JohnC (3000) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - NOV 4, 2006
UPDATED: NOV 5, 2006 I had this on tap at Dr. Billís party It was very tasty and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Iíd love to have it again. Another great brew by Russian RIver

awaisanen (1304) - Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 30, 2006
On tap. Pour of transparent golden amber with a huge layer of white head. Fantastic brett aromas blend nicely with a lemony hoppy freshness and a whiff of artisan sourdough bread. Nice, light, refreshing aroma. Light bodied, highly carbonated, smooth mouthfeel. Crisp and refreshing, with subtle flavors of under-ripe pears, lemon, and a bit of sour white grapeskins create a delicate, easy drinking palate. Lightly sour, clean finish. Iím now craving a plate of freshly steamed mussels over a bed of linguine, drizzled with a light garlic and shallot sauce reduced with this beer, and of course, served with another glass of this beer. *Drool* Very nice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ChillCoat (1029) - Concord, California, USA - OCT 5, 2006
Draft. Bright, burnt copper with almost no head. Brett aromas fill the air as soon as the glass reaches the bar. Onxce I focus a bit more I pick up some more fruity melon notes as well. Flavor is lighter with a wheaty, fruit note. Strong brett flavor as well. Very dry finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
hopdog (9133) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 22, 2006
UPDATED: SEP 23, 2006 On tap. Poured a medium golden / amber color with an averaged sized white head. Aromas of brett, citrus (lemons), tart berries, leather and all around funky. Tastes of fruits, lemons, grapes and a lighter funkiness. Light tart finish. Thinner body.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
TomDecapolis (4539) - Milton, Delaware, USA - SEP 22, 2006
Thanks to Tom at Union Jacks for giving us this in a pitcher to share at his Russian River Night. Pours a hazy light golden amber with a creamy white head that left lacing and sustained. Aroma of a funky, tart yeast, fruity, lightly spicy, bready, some hops hidden in there along with some lemon. Flavor was very interesting with more of that tart/funky yeast, mixed citrus, hops, grapes and a little thinner that I had expected. Very interesting beer and Iím glad I got a chance to try it out. Keep the interesting beers coming to Eastern PA Tom!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
footbalm (1219) - Western Minneapolis Suburbs, Minnesota, USA - MAY 13, 2006
Thanks to BBB63 for this. Had a Belgian Tripel nose with the yeast strains spitting out funky fruit aromas and some crazy spices,also something like a citrus fruit but not in the hoppy citrus way, more like lemon.Very nice brew

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Bartzilla (550) - La Mesa, California, USA - MAY 12, 2006
I had this a while back on tap at Liarís Club. I was pretty surprised. The nice pale ale start gave out to the wonderful, yet gentle, sour finish. I wish I could make all kinds of drunk jokes about this, but I actually sipped it proper. Iím pretty sure I could get fairly retarded off this, but I would just drink it too slow, wallowing in the delicious flavor.