overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 1358   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.15   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Brown ale aged in Pinot Noir wine barrels for one year with sour cherries, Brettanomyces yeast, and Lactobacillus & Pedicoccus bacteria.

artmcd8's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
artmcd8 (1801) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 21, 2013
375ml bottle thanks to changeup45. WARNING: stout drinkers first sour. Have the pleasure of drinking a batch 4. After popping the cork I got a familiar aroma of red wine. Maybe some barley wine mixed in. Pours a murky brown color into my balloon tulip glass. Keeps a nice steady thin foam island in the glass. Slight lacing. Sip #1. Holy moly this is gross. OK not gross just not expected. "Give it a chance Art". I keep telling myself "Think wine". Sip #2. Another whiff. Funky aroma. I smell some cherries. Wow is this thing Sour! The taste reminds me of Warheads candies I had as a kid. Maybe a cherry warhead. I wish I had a comparison with a fresh one at this point but I’m sure this is a delicious beer to some. No concern that it has gone bad. Let me check back after I’ve acclimated a bit..............OK I’m back. I’m getting used to this. More cherries coming out now. Still super sour. Causing phlegm to build up. Be right back. ...............ok I’m still going strong. I hope this is entertaining to some. If you enjoyed this message me and send me some other top 100 sours. I’ll do the same. The sourness is tolerable now. I think this is probably how first time IIPA drinkers feel. I’m definitely going to revisit and re-rate this one later. So my last few sips have actually been enjoyable and have changed my perception of this beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
WillRunForBeer (862) - Massachusetts, USA - DEC 18, 2014
Bottle shared with Dave for his 1 year anniversary. Dated 062212. Pours deep amber with a scant beige head. Aroma is caramel, tart cherry, acetic. Taste starts with sour cherry, oak, a touch of caramel comes in and it gets amazingly soft through the center. Finish is oak, some red wine. Really nice.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
drsandman (408) - New York, USA - DEC 16, 2014
On tap at RR. Pours a deep darkish red brown, beige off white head. Aroma is oak, tannin, red grape, Brett, light lacto, minerals, earth. Flavor is smooth earthy malt, oak, dark sour fruits, dry lacto sour finish. Killer, especially on tap

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
fluffy (1802) - St Petersburg, Florida, USA - DEC 11, 2014
Good lord, I get the fuss of this one now. Really is quite amazing. I hope Cali appreciates how good they have it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
mattkorsgaard (24) - Washington, USA - DEC 4, 2014
2011 version. On tap at brouwers big wood. Typical supplication. Great beer. Aged a few years so is a little more sweet. Sour has mellowed a bit.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TheGoldenChalice (14) - The Garden of the Beer Gods, North Carolina, USA - DEC 1, 2014
Served into a Teku from 010714 bottle of Supplication. As of now, bottle has aged ~ten months. Aroma -- scents of inviting sour berries and wine barrels emanating from glass. Tough to pinpoint the cherries from the aromatic qualities; however, fruit esters are evident from aroma. Appearance -- opaque, almost translucent, light brown hue. Little if any sediment in bottom of Teku. Taste -- phenomenally balanced brew: the lacto and pedio coalesce marvelously w/ the pinot barrels. This brew has a dreamlike sour cherry tartness w/ crisp pinot barrel on the after-tone that leaves your mouth puckering and salivating for another sip. This brew is more sour than sweet, which I appreciate. The cherries in this batch are not as distinct or sweet as the Montmorency cherries--patented by New Glarus Brewing--but, still blend and taste brilliant, nonetheless. Fruit esters and brettanomyces masquerade ABV exceptionally well. Palate -- exploring all avenues of your palate, this sweet, sour, and crisp sour leaves your palate as satisfied as ever. I have been aging this for ten months now. Supplication is a vinous sour that matures exceptionally well over time. Although delicious fresh, the sourness improves and may intensify over time w/o compromising the integrity of the beer. When I get a fresh batch, I’ll reconfirm the aforementioned statement. I I am completely transfixed by the pure craftsmanship involved in the brewing of this batch.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
daniele (5793) - ITALY - NOV 30, 2014
on tap ambrata non molta schiuma acida ciliegia legno discreta acidita un po corta bel finale

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
DarkDust (2) - Indiana, USA - NOV 30, 2014 does not count
This is one of the best overall beers I’ve ever tasted. Great balance between ingredients, and the sour is not overpowering, but is tart enough on the palate to be very refreshing.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Bobhund (425) - - NOV 30, 2014
Drucken på OConnors, Uppsala.. En fin öl på många sätt, se betyget för mer info. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

FunkyF (173) - Örebro, SWEDEN - NOV 23, 2014
UPDATED: NOV 26, 2014 Flaska från BottleRock LA. Bärnstensfärgad med lite vitt skum. Lätt syrlig doft. Smaken är torr och syrlig, kunde gärna haft mer sötma.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Luvystypotables (805) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - NOV 15, 2014
Sour aroma of grapes and lactic acid, amber colour not much of a head. Dry feel with a sour taste with hints of grapes and a sour finish.