Saint Andre Vienna Lager
     click to upload
overall
Brewed by Cool Beer Brewing Co.
Style: Amber Lager/Vienna
Toronto, Canada

RATINGS: 75   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.04   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Saint Andre is made with a blend of five specialty malts imported from Belgium. These help to create a smooth, complex character which is balanced by a crisp hop flavour. The result is a remarkably drinkable beer that celebrates the best Europe has to offer. Lager in The Bohemian style. Note: Brewed by Doug Pengelly of Ste. Andre at the Stratford Brewing facility.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mephisto (1265) - TAIWAN - JUL 10, 2007
draft at beer bistro in toronto. copper hue with white head, the aroma is bread and munich malt. the flavor is vienna malt with bready aftertaste.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Cartoonkhaki (1220) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - FEB 16, 2003
Slight hoppy aroma. Nice redish brown colour. I like the balance of bitter and malt and creamy smoothness. It is a decent beer. I can taste a little bit of alcohol in the flavour. I've recently read the other day that zinc plays a roll in the sensitivity of your taste and smell. I've been supplimenting my diet with zinc for a month now. I have to agree with what I read. This has made my enjoyment of beer better.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
kseecs16 (1182) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - NOV 23, 2007
Draught at the beer bistro. Copper amber with little head, reddish in color. Dry malty flavor with a crisp medium body. Can really smell the sweet crystal malts. Some lacing, great for the style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
OKBeer (1168) - Halifax, Nova Scotia, CANADA - AUG 22, 2007
341 ml bottle. Orange amber colour with a mostly lasting frothy and rocky off-white head. Honey, lightly grainy, light bread, and velvety caramel aroma. Bready, orange, and lightly grainy flavours with a sweetish, lightly acidic, and lightly spicy finish, plus a very late nutty bitterness. Light bodied but refreshing mouthfeel. Not bad at all.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
WheatKing (1162) - Victoria, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 28, 2012
Darker golden colour, noble hop aromas, nice bitter hop flavour. A very rich lager. I’ve only had it at C’est What; some of my friends love craft beer but some of my friends don’t care for ales. So if this were available on draft more often we’d always get pitchers of this.

JesseM (1136) - Margaritaville, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 6, 2008
UPDATED: FEB 18, 2009 Well I finally got around to trying this one. Man, I wish I hadn’t waited so long to find out what a down-right delicious brew it is! The only other Vienna I’ve ever had was Brooklyn Lager, and I was not impressed at all, in fact I greatly disliked it, so I became a little hesitant towards the style. But this one has totally changed my perspective on a style that by all logical means I should be in love with. It pours a beautiful copper-ruby colour with a large, sticky, rocky beige head. The aroma, some saaz hops on top of a huge pile of various malts. The flavour, a delicious blend of caramel, munich, bready, biscuity malts, with some great hop bite, not a lot of saaz flavour that I tend to look for, but still very tasty and perfectly balanced. This beer is so tasty and enjoyable, and I love the little historical blurb on the side of the box. Out-standing!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
thorongil2 (1078) - , Ontario, CANADA - OCT 1, 2010
(bottle) hazy amber, small white head; slight malty aroma; subdued balanced flavour; very plain

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
cyrenaica (965) - Milton, Ontario, CANADA - MAR 8, 2008
341ml bottle
4.6% ABV
I tried this beer on January 18, 2008 at "Smokeless Joe’s" in Toronto. The beer poured a translucent red with a thin white head which disappears quickly. The aroma is malty and grassy. The mouthfeel was medium bodied with low carbonation. The flavour was slightly sweet, a little malt, and a lot of grass!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
axilla (962) - New Providence, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 22, 2004
A little carmel and yeasty aroma. Clear golden/amber color with good head lacing. Initial flavor is very feint. Slightly sweet, vanilla and malts with a stronger carmel finish. Quite fizzy at first. Smooths out well with a little breathing. Good lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
jimmay (807) - Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA - APR 9, 2010
On tap at Cest What. Pours a clear amber with minimal off white head. Aroma and taste are lightly malty, and sweet, not much hop. Pretty good, very drinkable.